spend 24 hrs in the hospital

Price S.
on 3/28/11 4:49 am - Mills River, NC
The weekend started out great.  Friday I took both ponies to SC for a driving weekend.  The weather was perfect and my drives on Friday were great.
Sat morning it was starting to rain.  The event was on anyway so I hitched up Chili and started driving.  I did my 3 phases, but then continued to drive, asking several phase stewards if I had done that phase yet.  They finally figured out something was wrong with me and got me out of the carriage, and to the hospital.  I don't remember anything from the 3rd phase to being in the house while they took my BP before taking me to the hospital.  So I was admitted for observation and given an echo, MRI, MRA, ultrasound, labs and CT scan.  I had ever monitor known to man on me for 24 hrs.  The end result was that all test were unremarkable.  Diagnosis, atypical transient global amnesia, a kind of TIA.  So the good thing is that the neurologist said they almost never happen again.  I seem to have no ill results.  I didn't get my vits and protein for most of yesterday but have tried to get it all made up today.  I did the best I could in the hospital eating but when I left, of course barely knew where I was much less that I needed to take stuff with me like protein and vits.
So I drove me and the ponies home today.  I have to check in with the surgeon and my PCP so I have called into both of them.  They did want me to go back on a baby asprin everyday so we need to discuss the pros and cons of that.  I argued but did take it in the hospital because at that point I didn't want to go into a full stroke.  The only other thing they mentioned, nurses, not the Dr was that my potassium was a little low.  3.1 with normal being 3.5.  I just had labs done a month ago and it was 3.8.  So I guess I need to add some to my routine at least for a while. They did give me some in the hospital. 
Anyway, I'm home and safe.  Thank goodness I had a wonderful pony who took care of me while I have no memory of where I was or what was happening.  I wasn't scared then but looking back it is pretty scarey.
Anyone else take a baby asprin?  Any thoughts about the potassium?

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

valleyfree
on 3/28/11 5:05 am - OR
Wow, what a weekend? Were you all alone? I'm so glad to hear there is nothing big that got diagnosed, but how scary that it sounds like they kind of guessed what was going on.

Please follow up as you are supposed to and take good care!
HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

Price S.
on 3/28/11 9:34 pm - Mills River, NC
I was staying at the farm where the competition was.  They took great care of me, one is an EMT and also a RNY and knew exactly which hospital to take me to.  Thanks for the support.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Kermit P.
on 3/28/11 5:21 am
Oh Price I wondered why you were so quiet this weekend!

I am so sorry that this happened........thank goodness your pony and watchers there finally figured out that something was wrong.  I hope it wasnt a TIA.  Thank God you have gotten so much weight off at this point and are in good health.  I have no idea about the aspirin or potassium but hopefully someone else can weigh in as well as your physicians.

Glad you are safe at home now!!!!!!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Price S.
on 3/28/11 9:36 pm - Mills River, NC
The neuro called it a TGA but the discharge papers say TIA.  From the reading I have done on line, they definately aren't the same.  I think if it was a TIA, something would have shown up on the test, but maybe not.  Anyway, I seem fine now, just a day behind.

Elizabeth_Ann
on 3/28/11 5:23 am
 I'm so glad you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself. I will send some prayers your way.

Hugs, 

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 3/28/11 9:37 pm - Mills River, NC
Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 5:39 am
So sorry about your weekend.  I hope your doctors can shred some light on what really happened.  I don't know about the aspirin or potassium.  I can only send prayers and good wishes.

Ruby
RNY  3/2005

Price S.
on 3/28/11 9:38 pm - Mills River, NC
Prayers are always welcome.  Thanks.

baat2010
on 3/28/11 5:54 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Price, I am so glad that you are okay! My boss had the same condition a couple of years ago. It was scary at the time, but she is just fine and has not had a reoccurrence.

Please take it easy.
Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...