Frustrated, what was your longest stall?

stephanie911
on 3/28/11 2:39 am - Westfield, IN
I have been overall doing well.  This has been my longest stall so far.  Im at 4 1/2 months out.  Ive lost 54 lbs.  Im so happy with my loss.  I feel great.  Ive unfortunately stayed the same for the last 2 weeks almost.  I havent changed anything Im doing since I was having a nice slow steady loss.  I still have 46lbs to go.  I only weigh every 3-4 days so I was dissapointed today to see still at 195 again today. 
Any advice?  Im terrified this is it.  I know it isnt but those old fears are still there.
This is the longest ive gone with no change on the scale.
Thanks for listening!
Steph

Just-Jenn
on 3/28/11 3:01 am - Midstate Region, PA
I would say that you need to change things up- I remember it helping with the stalls (during my first WLS).  For instance I would change my routine to add some more or different exercise or increase my protein intake.  Sometimes- we just have them...and you may still be losing inches.  Great job on your weight loss so far!

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

helane
on 3/28/11 4:45 am - canton, MA
I had my surgery a couple of days after you.. 11/9 !
I've only lost  47 pound and had a stall that was ongoing for a little over a month..I never gained any weight..but the scale would only go down a teeny bit each month.. It stinks..so I feel your pain!
I also have about 35 pounds to doctor's goal 140... a bit more for my personal goal..but
what has worked for me is..
Posting my food intake in Roz's thread.
Eating at least 60 still trying for 100 grams of Protein
Low carbs .. I get about 35 daily..mostly from vegetables and some fruit
LOW fat and under 800 calories a day.

Every once in a while..I go up to close to 1000 calories but not often..

I excercise daily..that is the biggest thing that I've added to my routine..
I'll keep you in my prayers
Helane            
Lucycat
on 3/28/11 5:02 am - Lewiston, ID
I hear you.  My surgery was close to yours and I've been in a very long stall and getting frustrated.  Not sure how to break it.  Iknow my body has been changing during this time, but would like to see the scale move.  I'm going to increase my exercise and water and see if that helps.

Sue

kelly_hope
on 3/28/11 7:09 am - Marysville, WA
I'm still pre-op, but my dad and brother had wls and have experienced stalls. They have tried adding a hundred calories or so to their diet and either stopped or added exercise. Or change the way you work out from walking to aerobics or something. You need to shock your body in some way.

Also, I suggest taking your measurements. Even with normal dieting, if the scale isn't moving, sometimes the inches are.
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

Ladytazz
on 3/28/11 8:18 am
I've had a bunch of stalls that usually last about 2 weeks. I have also had a lot of periods where I wasn't exactly stalled but only lost 1/2 pound or 1 pound in a several week period. It happens. I still want to lose about 10lbs but I may not lose any more. I just added some more calories to my diet and every time I have done that my weight lose slows or stalls for a while and just when I think it's over it starts up again.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Happy_Camper
on 3/28/11 9:05 am
Stalls stink!  I think my longest stall was 4 weeks.  Just keep with your plan, the pesky scale will move again.  Good luck,   Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

RaggetyAnn
on 3/28/11 12:17 pm
VSG on 02/15/11 with
The word STALL is a dirty four letter word in my dictionary.
I lost 14 lbs in the first 14 days post surgery. Counting the 11 lbs lost the week before surgery, that's 25 lbs by the 2 week post-surgery mark.  Then I had a 3 week stall, and since THEN have lost only lost 5 more lbs.  

I am losing inches dramatically though, and I am still doing what I'm supposed to. 

Along with all the great advice you've been given so far, are you drinking enough fluids? 
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

Mrs.M
on 3/28/11 12:37 pm
 I think my longest stall was almost a month long.  then I would drop a half pound, gain one, drop one, gain half, etc.  In the last week though I have lost 3 pounds.  Go figure.  I am so close to onderland that I can taste it like forbidden fruit.

I'm sticking to NSVs for validation but can't resist the urge to get on the scale.  I used to be afraid to get on because i knew it would be higher, then eventually I would bite the bullet, get on, and start the process all over again.  Since the surgery though I get on just to make sure the numbers haven't magically gone up to my former weight again.

Your stall will end.  Promise.

Janet

walterswife
on 3/28/11 3:17 pm
I had several stalls that lasted about 15 days.  During those times I would increase protein (and calories) and fluids.  I would correlate the increase in calories with increased exercise.

I took my measurements from time to time so that even if I was not losing weight I knew I was getting smaller.

Hang in there.  54 lbs is alot of weight.  You should look at it as a percentage of the total amount of weight you need to lose.  You have done great!

Patience is the key! 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views