Menus and Miles Thurs. March 31st

Roz !!!!
on 3/31/11 12:12 am, edited 3/31/11 12:13 am - Butler, PA
Hello to all of my Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!

Is it Thursday yet???  Yesterday I started my post with Thursday and kept thinking all day that I only had 1 more day of work....LOL 

We got lots of different suggestions for our Protein Drinks yesterday.   How about snacks...what's your favorit Protein snack for on the go?  I love Jerky because it doesn't slide right down and it's not gone in a split second.  Early out when I was on soft foods but I needed to chew my DH suggested jerky and it really worked.  I would chew all of the flavor out of it and then spit it out. It's still my go to food when we are on a trip and everyone wants to get a snack when we stop for gas.

HONEYMOON PERIOD EVENTUALLY ENDS FOR EVERYONE...DON'T FALL INTO THE I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT MODE!!!!!!!   BAD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD ENDS and THE POUNDS START CREEPING BACK!!!!!!!

RNY Maintenance 

B:  Protein:  Syntrax (Matrix) Mint Cookie and GNC Chocolate 49g  
S:  1 cheese stick
L:  
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with a sprinkle of South Beach Tropical Breeze 23g
S:  Package of Almonds
D: 
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with a sprinkle of Crystal Lite Cherry 23g
Protein:  

Totals for whats Planned so far:    Calories:   Carbs:   Protein

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 3/31/11 12:39 am, edited 3/31/11 3:02 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
Edit: Grr! So I ruined my PB2 and chocoprotein with amaretto drops for my lunch by putting too many amaretto drops in it. I made a brownie instead with 1 scoop of chocoprotein powder, enough PB syrup to make it liquid and microwaved it for 30 seconds. Kinda dry, but at least I'm getting in my protein. Had 1/2 for lunch, will have the other half at snack

Cheese bars are fascinating, but not very filling, maybe I will stack it with something else in the future, they are only 75 calories (5g protein, should do better on a snack, right?)

The amaretto drops were amazing! Had them in my chocolate shake last night in a blender bottle with water and fiber powder, it was great! No blender for me, I was lazy and DH didn't want his own shake (we are kinda late)

So for today...

B: Perfect Chocolate protein shake with Creme de Menthe SF syrup (OMGz YOM) and fiber powder: 135 calories, 23g protein

S1: White Cheddar Baked Cheese Bar: 75 calories, 5g protein

L: corn thins (flax, soy, multigrain), colby/jack cheese stick, 1oz green peppers 1/2 chocopb brownie 227.7 calories 22.1g protein

S2: Just the Cheese, Popped Cheese in Cheddar & 1/2 chocopb brownie 135 calories, 17g protein

D: Leftovers, sharing some mini crab cakes with the little one as well as leftover buffalo TVP cauliflower crust pizza: 189.8 calories, 20.9g protein

S3: Perfect chocolate shake with peanut butter SF syrup and fiber, blended with ice and 1/2 oz cream 1 tb peanut flour 187.2 calories, 23.5g protein

totals: 995 calories, 40.3g fat, 55.3g carbs (37.8 net), 111g protein

stupid fiber is 15 calories a teaspoon, but has 5g fiber, so I'll suck it up cuz i need it

vites are on track

went to curves this morning (DH is visiting friends this evening so I need to pick up our little one from day care after work) will dance this evening. would play outside but it won't stop raining

7 cups of water down, will probably get in another 6, i have a drinking problem... :)

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Roz !!!!
on 3/31/11 12:46 am - Butler, PA
How was the SF peanut butter syrup? Is it a strong enough taste or do you prefer the PB2? 

Most of my syrups are strong enough except for peppermint paddy.  You have to use so much of it to get a good taste.  I'm so glad I found the Mint Cookie.

Love the variety and totals!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 3/31/11 1:00 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
tastes a little more like alcohol than PB, but it's still really good. I prefer it to the PB2 only for calorie/carb content. I think I need to see if capella has pb flavor drops...

Creme de Menthe is amazing! I had it with my chocolate shake for breakfast, it was just like mint cookie only without the cookie crumbles, although with those whey crisps someone recommended... oh this will lead no where good! If you haven't tried the creme de menthe you should, it's got a great flavor.

Having lime in my water today, have to add a lot of that too, or at least it seems like it, I drink out of my 24 ounce blender bottle, maybe i'll measure what i put in syrup wise next time and let you know...

Also, the peanut flour is pretty good, i got to try a friend's (she got it from netrition) less bad stuff in it than the PB2, and goes great in blended shakes

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 10:00 am
 Jenna  I remember  reading on the main board how Ur  liver enzymes were elevated  ...

I just  cant  help wondering  if  the fact that  there  isnt   s single fruit or vegetable  in here  ( oh some nuked and baked to death  poor cauliflower ..but theres  like NOTHING  of nutritive value in that anyway ) 

and TONS of fat ...

and then heaps  of artificial flavorings ,  sweeteners , chocolate .... 

its not necessarily that  any of it is bad ...  its kind of like Ur dieting TOO  well  ...  if U know what I mean  maybe ... anyway I just  worry  because  its not  real food  and when it is  its not fresh . 

Anyway thats  my thinking for what its worth .  I personally don't think U can live on  payday  flavored protein  bars  forever and not pay a serious price with Ur health lol . 

To me thats just common sense  . 

JennaKopanyi
on 3/31/11 11:06 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
Maybe I am completely  misreading your tone, but between teh time you told me that wearing a 4-6 made me fat and this, I'm a litle preturbed with yoru advice.
 Allow me to explain a few things:
*I am 8 1/2 months out from RNY, I still malabsorb a lot of my fat
*My numbers are well within the guidelines set by my surgeon and nutritionist
*I eat vegetables with every lunch and dinner, perhaps you missed the green peppers with my lunch
*one minute of reheating int eh microwave does not rob my leftover cauliflower pizza of nutritional value, nor does the steaming for baking that took place the day before
*i shy away from fruit becaus eof the sugar content, as a recovering diabetic certain things spell disaster for me and many fruits fall into those categories because i can't stp eating them
*some of my "snack" recipes contain fruit in safe portion controlled amounts
*I think it's great for people who eat clean, but i can't afford that is not the life i live
*my body is going through a lot of massive changes, i lost 94 pounds in the past year, that takes some getting used to and my body will recover
*my current veggie selections are picked fresh then imediately frozen, when Farmer John's opens later this spring I plan to buy fresh veggies there, but some people cannot afford fresh in the dead of winter, especially when I stil eat very little
*payday flavoured protein bars?! where was anything said abbout that?

like i said, maybe i jus misunderstand your intent, but whenever you respond to me it comes across as kinda nasty. maybe you disagree or are unaware, but that is how your words impact me

rebecca_ann
on 3/31/11 1:25 am
lerkhart
on 3/31/11 2:00 am
Hi Roz,
I missed yesterday totally.  Had to travel at work and then had payroll things to do when I got back.  Went with DGD#1 this morning for her 2 year pictures so now I'm behind at work again.

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S:  Decaf Coffee
L:  Small Wendy's Chili w/ cheese
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
D:  ?? Maybe Wendy's chili again or a salad
S:  ??

Vitamins:  Morning done
Water:  40 ozs so far - I'm behind
Miles:  None yet

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MajorMom
on 3/31/11 2:06 am, edited 3/31/11 7:31 am - VA
Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
B - 2 protein coffees (50g)
S - Fage yogurt w/blueberries and a protein coffee (25g)
S - carrots w/dip
L - protein shake (30g)
S - 1/2 cup peanuts
S - protein coffee (25g)
D - steak & green beans
S - CarbSmart ice cream

VITAMINS:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
omega 3-6-9: done
iron: done
evening batch: starting
bedtime batch: pending

MILES:
4 -15 minute walks

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Mara C.
on 3/31/11 2:14 am - Millbury, MA
Hello!

I just stared eating the Oh Yeah snack bars for afternoon snack, since I crave sweet & salty, they have been perfect!

PB: protein coffee (25g)
B: greek yogurt, blueberries, fiber one (18g)
L: chicken in coconut curry sauce, green beans, cauliflower (36g)
S: Oh Yeah almond fudge brownie bar (14g)
D: meatballs and sauce, few bites of pasta if room (23g)
S: Carbsmart ice cream bar (2g)

Cals: 1239
Protein: 118
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness