Great Shopping day

Price S.
on 3/31/11 11:48 am, edited 3/31/11 11:48 am - Mills River, NC
I needed a top to wear with some nice black pants to a funeral tomorrow.  Although it is spring, it has been cold this week and will be tomorrow so I headed off to see what I could find.  I did get a cute combined tank and jacket that was 20% off but then hit the jackpot with 2 sweaters that were 80% off.  They are peite small so I'm sure they will fit next year also.  Then I headed to buy new bras.  Went down in band size and cup size, boo hoo.  But it had to be done.  They were on sale for 19.99 each.  Then went to the Dillards outlet.  OMG, everything was 70% off then buy one get one free.  So I ended up with 2 sweaters and 6 tee shirt tops (turtlenecks, etc) all for $34.00.  All are peite small so they will fit next winter.  Woo Hoo.  I was afraid to even try on pants since I hope to still drop a size or so.  But I felt great with my new duds.
who else has had a good score with the clearance stuff?

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

loverofcats
on 3/31/11 12:34 pm
Wow, Price!!! Congratulations on finding such good deals!!!! Petite small has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it??? Pants that fit are the hardest to find, at least for me. Tops are so much more forgiving and you can use a belt, if the shirt or sweater is too large. Shopping is alot more fun than it used to be.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 3/31/11 9:24 pm - Mills River, NC
Petite small does have a nice ring.  I couldn't believe they actually fit.  This is the first I have really let myself buy new clothes.  I've done all my shopping at goodwill.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Mrs.M
on 3/31/11 1:34 pm
Dillard's outlet?  I'm jealous!  But I can't complain.  I went up to Palm Beach Gardens Mall with my mom today for a day of shopping.  Wore my Skechers shape-ups sneakers so I could count it as exercise, too.  Got a purple long sleeve shirt for $5.98 at Ann Taylor (yeah-regular sizes!!!!)
Got a Tommy Hilfilger wrap dress for $7.98 reduced from $79.50 and then got a size 14 tunic for half price.  Size 14?  I was 3x in September.  No more Lane Bryant for me!!!!
Janet

Price S.
on 3/31/11 9:26 pm - Mills River, NC
Those sound like great deals.  My adventure yesterday was adding to my exercise. Going from one end to the other of the mall carrying heavy bundles sounds like and felt like exercise to me.  Luckily there was a GMC so I could get a protein drink for the trip home.

G.I.Jane
on 3/31/11 2:17 pm
Great deals! I'm not much of a shopper - have been doing the Goodwill thing for now until I settle into a size. But I do have a funny 'ha ha' moment with my brother.

A couple years ago, I visited my bro out in Long Beach. He took me to a place called Ross Dress for Less - he says 'what size do you wear?' and I reply with "18 -petite". He then chuckles and says "honey, there ain't nothing petite about a size 18." All in good fun, we had a laugh about it.

I can't wait to get out there when I settle into a size and do some shopping with him. He likes to shop and he has pretty good taste for a guy.

I'm most looking forward to a whole new hunting wardrobe - which I will have to shop for myself!

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

Price S.
on 3/31/11 9:30 pm - Mills River, NC
These are my first new clothes, everything but underware has come from Goodwill.

I had to laugh at the hunting clothes.  I am still wearing my insulated overall that are a 2x short to the barn.  The waist hangs down to almost my knees and the legs are rolled up about 3 times.  I just told my DH yesterday that next winter it was time for a new "Bubba Suit".  The nice thing about these now is that I can get in them fully dressed in winter clothes.  Before only my nightgown fit under them.

helane
on 3/31/11 5:36 pm - canton, MA
I remember Petitie 18!!! LOL...

I went to Syms/Filene's Basement on two separate days.
Day 1, I spent about 110.00 dollars and got
1. White Valentino..yeah!!  leather bag
2. An evening dress to wear to my niece's wedding.  It's an XL but I think it's a Juniors..awesome fit and if I lose a bit more weight before the wedding..it will be ..shivers even thinking of it..
3. An ANN Taylor Petitie size 14 suit..yes a whole suit!!
4. 2 sets of Juicy Cotoure sweats.. 3 pairs of pants, well one Capri,. two tops and two shirts.
(One set is for my niece and the other is for me for next winter in a size Large..and they do run small.. they fit but not decently!)
The next day I spent  22.00 and and scored

1 Kikit shorts,2 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger capri's, an Ann Taylor shirt, and an Ann Taylor skirt all in 14P !!! I need bra's but so far I can still wear my old ones..during the summer I will have to buy new..
I so understand about the Lane Bryant..I still go into the Plus sizes and have to tell myself..Your not that size anymore!!  It feels so good!!

I've been also going to the Salvation Army..mostly to give away my clothes, but you never know what you can find..  I'm hoping to clean out my closets and buy all new clothes..

And on a different note:

I wish I could buy Small Petite's and take advantage of the sales.. but in my mind..the smallest I'll get to go is 10P and I don't even dare buy that at this time..I'm sticking to my size so that I can have something to look forward to..

OMG..I can be a Petite Small!!  I F'n LOOOVE my RNY!!!

Helane            
Price S.
on 3/31/11 9:33 pm - Mills River, NC
You win the prize.  Those are great deals.

I'm still in 12p pants but getting really close to 10p.  My top has just shrunk a lot faster (read no boobs)

Jody ***
on 3/31/11 7:59 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Wow - great finds Price!  WOOHOO!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views