Menus and Miles Monday April 4th

Roz !!!!
on 4/3/11 11:32 pm, edited 4/4/11 1:37 pm - Butler, PA
Hello to all of my Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!

I had a super carby weekend.  I was in the middle of a bag of potato chips while texting Gina and she told me to throw them away....LOL.   I never take healthy snacks to this comp because they have a really good food court but we didn't have time to get there for a single meal so it was eat carbs or starve. After the comp we walked to a family style Italian restaurant so you know what that meal consisted of!!   After being sick when I see the scales for a few days, I might wish I would have starved...LOL 

Another weekend gone...why do they go so fast???   Only made it half way home from Columbus last night and lost all of our transmission fluid.  I was so happy DH was with us because I'm not sure what I would have done.  He filled it up and we drove slow the next 2 hours.  We are going to a comp. in Virginia Beach on Friday so I'm hoping it's not something major and the garage has time to fix it.

We got lots of different suggestions for our Protein Drinks yesterday.   How about snacks...what's your favorit Protein snack for on the go?  I love Jerky because it doesn't slide right down and it's not gone in a split second.  Early out when I was on soft foods but I needed to chew my DH suggested jerky and it really worked.  I would chew all of the flavor out of it and then spit it out. It's still my go to food when we are on a trip and everyone wants to get a snack when we stop for gas.

HONEYMOON PERIOD EVENTUALLY ENDS FOR EVERYONE...DON'T FALL INTO THE I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT MODE!!!!!!!   BAD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD ENDS and THE POUNDS START CREEPING BACK!!!!!!!

RNY Maintenance 

B:  Protein:  Syntrax (Matrix) Mint Cookie and GNC Chocolate 49g  
S:  SF Applesauce
L:   Laughing Cow cheese wedge with 5 Saltines
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with a sprinkle of South Beach Tropical Breeze 23g
S:  Cheezits
D:  3 oz. of chicken tenderloins, 1 bite of scalloped potatoes, 1 bite broccoli and 1 bite cauliflower
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with a sprinkle of Crystal Lite Cherry 23g

Totals for whats Planned so far:    Calories:   Carbs:   Protein

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 4/3/11 11:57 pm, edited 4/4/11 4:18 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
Good morning Roz! I hate that it's Monday, but what can you do? I had a great weekend, and I even tried some new foods. I visited a friend of mine who had her surgery 4 months after me, so we swap alot of recipes. She made me roasted edamame and we kicked each others butts on just dance. Sunday I cleaned, that was remarkably less fun

Breakfast: 1/2 E2 Pro Charge Vanilla Ice Cream Shake with amaretto drops and Irish cream sf syrup: 10g protein, not a big fan of irish cream, too bland. I made up 1 shake, split it with my husband, he'll be adding coffe to his at work today, I just added more water to mine.

Snack: Lady Litha posted a Flax Muffin Recipe that I modfied (because I had slightly different ingredients on hand) and it's phenomenal, I will be having that with a serving of sf ff banana pudding a little later: 9.5g protein

Lunch: Leftovers! Ranch/Parmesan Chicken with mashed fauxtatoes (made with cauliflower): 31.5g protein

Snack: MediFast Cranberry Mango Cold Drink (found it in my filing cabinet at work on Friday) with a scoop of pre-work out powder: 18g protein

Dinner: Creamy Tuna Patties with flaxmeal and green beans: 22.9g protein

Snack: Perfect Chocolate Shake with taosted marshamallow sf syrup: 23g protein

Totals: 1012 calories, 31.5g fat, 73.1g carbs (52.7g net), 115g protein

Miles: Did a half hour of JD2, Curves after work
Water: 56 ounces in so far
Weight: up .4 pounds 135.1 as of this morning (sigh) will be working on shaving some more calories and carbs off my diet (obviously not today) or... i could just remember that i go up the first week of every month... not used to having a TOM, so I forget every single time... please ignore any complaining I do about my weight :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Roz !!!!
on 4/4/11 1:16 pm - Butler, PA
Love the totals and great variety!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

baat2010
on 4/4/11 1:20 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Hi, Roz - I found a new protein snack this weekend:  Crisps Made Entirely of Cheese (that's the name).  Crunchy, low-carb, high protein, pretty tasty (not the same as parm chips in the microwave but not bad).  Here's the link:  http://www.kitchentablebakers.com/.  I also just ordered the chocolate protein crunchies that Gina recommended a couple of weeks back.  I will let you know what I think after I try them.

B- protein drink with strawberries (40 g)
S- greek yogurt (15 g)
L- chicken salad (12 g)
S- string cheese (6 g)
D- turkey salad w cole slaw (12 g)\
S- fudgsicle (3 g)
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 4/4/11 1:21 pm - Butler, PA
I'm curious to see if you like the chocolate crunchies.  I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to limit myself if I like them very much. 

Good Menu!!!! 

Roz

on Maintenance

aspan
on 4/5/11 2:04 am
Thanks for the link! I am GF and these sound pretty good..high protein too so that is awesome!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
bowknot
on 4/4/11 1:28 am
I'm starting to post for my own accountability.  Writing it down for others to see makes it harder for me to cheat.  I have to get the starchy carbs out of my diet.

B: Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea.  I was going to have half a plum, but could only handle 1 bite.
L: String Cheese (1 oz), Low sodium meatballs (5), part of an apple
S: Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel
D: ?

Miles:  We're planning a bike ride after work.

Roz !!!!
on 4/4/11 1:27 pm - Butler, PA
Just knowing I have to post on M&M makes me think twice before I do something that I'm going to regret.  Sometimes I think twice and then eat it anyhow but at least I am aware of what I'm doing.

Well, it looks like you beat the carb monster away at least up through dinner.

Roz

on Maintenance

rebecca_ann
on 4/4/11 1:36 am
Good morning everyone! the weather is beautiful today so i will be using my bike for transportation today!

b-protein smoothie 25
s-grapes 1
l-chicken with cucumbers 27
s-almonds 6
d- turkey burger patty and asparagus 35

water and vits
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat    
Roz !!!!
on 4/4/11 1:28 pm - Butler, PA
We had terrible rain storms today.  It was warmer than normal but the rain was so cold.

Love your Protein based meals!!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...