Off topic: Dark Circles

kdizzle
on 4/6/11 8:40 am - Concord, CA
I know this is redundant.... now I notice dark circles BIG time, let alone the puffiness under my eyes.
I wear Bare Essentials... so I went in, they did not do anything except... make me look pasty ...
I do the night cream and the eye cream... so... anyone know how to get this under control>?

I realize that in the eye area with dark circles... the powder idea in the makeup line I use... does not work..

Help

Kristen Hunter
"Sierra and Echo"  springer spaniels    

Jody ***
on 4/6/11 9:49 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Dark circles happen for a number of reasons.  Some are hereditary. the skin under your eyes is very thin and shows the blood vessels below.

one think I'm going to ask - is how much water are you drinking?  Did you have this problem before WLS?  Hydration makes a HUGE difference with your skin too. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

MacMadame
on 4/6/11 10:28 am - Northern, CA
So does getting enough sleep and good quality sleep.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Price S.
on 4/6/11 11:13 am - Mills River, NC
I can't help much because at 50, I gave myself permission to stop wearing makeup and I did.  I also get at least 64 oz of fluid and 9 hrs sleep and don't have dark circles.  Maybe one of those is working. 
I do use night cream and moisturizer with sunscreen.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/11 12:19 pm
A long time ago I read a book "Eat Right for Your Type" a book on eating according to your blood type. My one daughter had a different blood type than me and we changed her diet and she never had dark circles under her eyes again. So I suspect it was an allergy of sorts that caused her to have the circles.

So my recommendation is seeing if something you are eating is causing the circles.
bowknot
on 4/6/11 12:55 pm
No answers here, but tons of empathy.  Last week I had someone I just met ask me if I was sick because of my dark circles ... what???  Very personal right?

My circles worsen when my allergies are kicking up and when I'm tired.   I don't wear make-up much, but when I do I use BE too.  I use the lighter shade as a concealer then blend away.

Kay

Mrs.M
on 4/6/11 2:04 pm
 I have really dark circles, always have.  I've just starting using a Clinique product that has a metal roller ball and comes in a peach colored tube.  Maybe it's my imagination but my circles don't seem so dark to me now.  I stopped using concealer because no matter what type I used it seemed to cake up on me.

On a different note, a few years ago I had juvederm (or whatever was in at the time) injected under my eye.  Sounds gross, but it turns out that a lot of the darkness was really because the undereye area sort of sinks as we get older and plumping it back up made a difference.  Then again, I was single then so I could afford to do that.  I'll stick with Clinique for now :)
Janet

Ruthie D.
on 4/6/11 2:10 pm - Mayer, AZ
I ran the Cosmetics Dept. at Walgreen's in my little town and learned a LOT through various seminars I was sent to.  Physician's Formula is the closest to Bare Essentials you can get and affordable.  Two things I live on from that line are both applied before my regular powder:

1.  Yellow Cream Highlighter specifically to help cover purple under eye circles (Look for the "cube")
2.  Green Mosaic Pallet Powder to cover my red nose and red splotchy cheeks

Note that the concealers are the opposite colors of the areas they are to be applied to.  That's the difference between them and regular skin tone concealers.  I really recommend them.

Hope that's helpful.

Ruthie
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
loverofcats
on 4/7/11 2:33 am
Hi Kristen, I don't know what to tell you about the dark circles, but you have received some very good advice. Just wanted to say, "Hi." Looks like your weight loss is proceeding well.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

aspan
on 4/7/11 6:13 am
I get bad dark circles especially this time of the year--allergies. It really clears up when I start taking some allergy meds and like the others said rest and hydration do help as well...
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views