How much weight did you lose or want to lose?

bbwvixen
on 4/10/11 6:45 am - Surrey, Canada
I started at my highest of 257 and am now between 161-164...I started as a lightweight and know I have less to lose then my higher BMI friends, but I feel...inadequate? I hear of people losing 200 lbs and I've lost......95 and I'm thinking "You can do better!"
My doctor never set a goal weight for me, as "it's different for everyone", but I was thinking 150.
I KNOW I'm not doing everything I should/could be doing though.

Does anyone else feel this way?

MajorMom
on 4/10/11 6:55 am - VA
What is your goal BMI? Around 22? Sometimes it helps to think in terms of BMI rather than total weight loss. All we can do is our best. Lose as much as you can as fast as you can and the heck with everyone else.

I only needed to lose 80 pounds to hit a mid range BMI and I gave it everything I had to get there. You can do this!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jody ***
on 4/10/11 7:00 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Think about where you started (257) and where some of those people who've lost 200 lbs (maybe 400)?  If you lost 200 lbs you'd be 57 lbs!! 

Its all about weight loss percentages - not actual poundage when we compare ourselves to others who may have started heavier than we did.

I lost 93 lbs.  My Dr gave me a goal of 115 and I said "nope - not going to happen" and set my own goal for 125.  Amazing when I hit 125 - I stayed there for 3 months then lost 3 more lbs.  Since then I've gained about 10 from my lowest weight, which was a year ago.  I too know what I need to be doing, and am not doing everything I know I should and could be doing. 

The way I see it, if I had accepted the Dr's goal of 115, I'd have drove myself nuts by trying to reach it.  I've NEVER seen the 1-teens and would have thought I was an utter failure.

Everyone's bodies are different.  If you want to hit 150, it sounds like its a very attainable goal for you.  Take advantage of your honeymoon period and do everything you can do lose as much as you can now.  It gets harder later... trust me!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

ruxanby
on 4/10/11 7:22 am
I also started at 257. I have lost 100 lbs in 14 mo.  I want to loose 8 more at a minimum and anything after that to me is a bonus.   I could have and could be doing more and I plan a "fresh start" soon to re engage myself and get back on my plan.  My doctor did not set goals, but let me tell him where I wanted to be and he agreed that it was attainable.  I did not want to set myself up for failure as I have felt that way along the way with stalls that have lasted almost 2 mo at 2 different points in time. 

Do not compare yourself to others but instead celebrate your success and be proud of where you are.

Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

NursieGirl
on 4/10/11 7:53 am
I wanted/planned to lose 91-95 pounds, and have only lost 76-77.  I feel inadequate only because I stick to the diet religiously and work out many many MANY hours per week without losing an ounce.  This has led to a lot of feelings of envy, negativity, and a lack of motivation and self-esteem.

Price S.
on 4/10/11 9:05 pm - Mills River, NC
You are in the normal range for BMI and I'm sure you look great.  Numbers are only numbers.  Put the scale away and look at how good you look and feel.  Maybe your body is where it needs to be.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ladytazz
on 4/10/11 8:04 am
My highest weight was 240lbs before my first WLS.  I got down to 120 for about a minute and the started regaining, at first slowly and in the end very rapidly.  I got back up to 218 when I had my revision.  I did not have my revision to lose weight.  In fact, my surgeon told me several times that I might not lose any weight.  I don't know if he said that because of my history or if he thought my metabolism was shot.  Anyway, my goal was just to be healthy.  I know everyone says that but I was so sick at that time.  I was non functional at that time.
I have lost over 100 lbs from my highest weight and about 90lbs since my revision.  I made my first goal 140lbs to be at a normal BMI.  I reached that and now I am going to see if I can get back to 120lbs, with a maintenance range of 120 to 125.  This will allow me some bouncback room.  I am getting close to the top of that range.  I also plan on not going below about 118lbs. 
Right now I am wondering if I am getting too thin.  At night in bed when I put my hand on my stomach all I feel are ribs.  But I'm not too worried because my scale says my body fat is 28%, which seems pretty high to me.  I hear about people who have body fat of 15% to 20%.  I won't go that low because I don't exercise enough.
One of these days I may look into having a more accurate body fat evaluation done.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

baat2010
on 4/10/11 9:18 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
I have a BMI-based goal but I am thinking that body fat percentage is probably as important indicator.  I also want to be able to fit a certain size of clothes.  I think of the scale as one of various measures of healthy weight.

Amy   
valleyfree
on 4/10/11 9:32 am - OR
I'm 5'4". My highest weight was 247. I told myself I'd be happy ending up at 150, which I would have been. I ended up losing down to 136. I might go a bit lower, but am very satisfied with my loss. I, for one, am really glad I didn't wait until I was over 300 pounds to get surgery! Success is different for everyone.
HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

rebecca_ann
on 4/10/11 2:33 pm
my HW was 267 and my goal is to lose 150lbs and weigh 117 but I am currently at 167 (75% of my goal). everyone always says my goal is too drastic but i'm only 22 so i see nothing wrong with it, my surgeon also said that weight was fine for me. don't worry about comparing yourself to others, focus more on a healthy BMI and percentage of weight loss. you are doing great :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 473 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views