How do you stop the weight loss?

ladynvstig8r
on 5/7/11 5:11 am - Springfield, MA

Hi All,

I am very close to my weight loss goal and love the size 10 I'm in.  My question is...How do you stop the weight loss when your satisfied with the way your body looks and feels? 

SW 257   CW 153.8 GW 160

Price S.
on 5/7/11 6:27 am - Mills River, NC
So far, I have reached my first goal of 140, am very close to my surgeons goal of 130 and my goal of 125.  I will be very happy at the top of a normal BMI.  So I'm not quite there yet either but what I have read, over and over goes like this.  Sometimes, your body will tell you when it is done.  I've seen that happen several times in the last year.  Sometimes you start adding calories, healthy ones, a 100 or so a day til you figure out what you need to stablize.  Lots of times I have read folks recommend to get a little lower than you think you want to go for bounce back room. 

So my plan is to keep on keeping on and see if /when my body wants to stop.  I'm pretty happy eating how I am right now and don't feel like I am on a diet or anything. 

I'm sure you will get more input from folks who have actually gotten there already.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

loverofcats
on 5/7/11 1:51 pm
How tall are you? What is your BMI? I would suggest going down as far as your body will allow you to do so. Weight regain is very probable, and it will be more difficult to get the weight off later.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

IRAYD8U
on 5/10/11 4:50 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I intentionally slowed my WL down as I got down to about 10lbs of goal......I wish I wouldn't have since I never made goal and will have to work my arse off to get there.  My advice to anyone who is TRYING to stop thier WL PEASE DO NOT DO IT!  You may regret it in the long run.  If you feel you are losing too much and are unhealthy because of it then you should meet with your surgeon and find out if you really are at an unhealthy state or if it's just all those little voices you hear in your head...not crazy ones.....LOL  The voices of your friends and family telling you how great you look and how you are getting too thin.......please don't listen to them......they are usually wrong......LOL  Most of our bodies decide for us.....if we just let them!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
paranoidmother21
on 5/10/11 9:13 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I second Heather's post - I am one of the few who got too low, and with my nut worked out how to stop the loss and stabilize a couple (3, to be exact) pounds above my lowest weight.

I too loved my 10s and everyone (the surgeon, the nut, DH, myself) felt I should stop there.

I'm a size 2-4 at this point. But I'm healthy, and check in regularly with my nut. If/when I finally lose my malabsorption (I take in 1800-2000 calories per day when I do not work out at all, and more when I do), I'd like to put about 10 pounds back on. But I don't want to do it now, because I'm not sure I could stop the gain at that point.

Hang in there. Work at letting your body do its thing, and check with your surgeon/nut about where you should be.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views