NSV and Struggling

kimberly_gr
on 5/7/11 12:37 am
First I want to share my NSV that I had last night.  DH and I went to a concert last night.  The theater is old and has tiny seats, but that wasn't a problem for me.  I was able to sit in my seat comfortably with my arms resting at my sides--I even had room to spare on the sides.  When I looked around at the crowd, I was so glad I didn't still have to sit with my arms crossed over my chest trying to make myself tinier.

Now for my struggle.  I'm 5 months out from surgery and keep waiting for that surge of energy that my surgeon and others describe happens.  Well it's not happening for me, and in fact I'm feeling more and more tired.  I'm sleeping longer, having to drink more coffee to get through my day, and am getting headaches.  I finally called my surgeon's office yesterday and told them I think I need to be seen before my mid-June appointment.

The nurse told me to go have my bloodwork done, and we'll take it from there.  I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but at this point, I know something is going on.  I also have hypothyroidism, and my medication might need to be increased.  Of course I don't yet know what my issue is, but I just hope something shows up because I would hate to think this is how I'm always going to feel.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

MajorMom
on 5/7/11 12:46 am - VA
Nice NSV. It's amazing, isn't it?

As far as labs coming up--a few things to look for less than optimal iron and ferritin, B12, vitamin D and protein and albumin. You want these markers to be near or at the top of the ranges or even a little bit over the top. I don't know a thing about the thyroid meds but I sure hope you find the culprits.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Stacey N.
on 5/7/11 2:09 am - Chesapeake, VA
What a wonderful NSV! Makes you feel like a new person overall...

I know how you feel with the tiredness and not having the energy, it has just now hit me (almost 9 mo out) but my labs were all crazy and hectic.
I have taken Gina's advice many times and agree that she is right the majority of the time. Hopefully it is something as simple as the labs.

Good Luck hope you get your energy back really soon!

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 5/7/11 6:20 am - Mills River, NC
I really think that getting my D up was what made the difference for me.  Maybe it was just coincidence but I would definately see if the D is low.  I started taking 50,000 u every other day and that was what it took.

Good luck.  It's no fun to feel tired all the time.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 5/8/11 6:50 am
Great NSV Kim!!  It is so weird to sit in a seat now and not be out over the edges of it!!

I hope they figure out why you are so tired and get you feeling better soon.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
fatoldbat
on 5/8/11 10:28 pm
do you take any vitamins or anything else at the same time as your thyroid meds?

after my surgery, i'd take my morning vitamins at the same time i took my thyroid meds.....a big no no!!  my tsh went to 12.43!!!  not good!  my energy level was 0!  instead of changing my dose my endocrinologist said to take my levoxyl (thyroid med) by itself.  i started waiting a couple of hours to take my vitamins and my tsh went back to normal within a few weeks!

hope things get better for you!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views