Is all this jiggly mess normal????

Amy P.
on 5/17/11 2:15 am - Liberty Lake, WA

Holy cow.....my stomach is a jiggly mess! 

It seems like I am losing back fat but rather than melting away, it has just ran half way around the track and stopped at my belly! 

And when I say jiggly I'm not kidding....my DD loves to poke at it and watch all the ripples move out.  I think I know a little of what Santa was feeling when they mentioned his belly was like a 'bowl full of jelly'. 

I've started more sit ups, but nothing seems to be working yet.  Is this normal???? Is this just a phase????  I'm down a size of jeans, but then this "mess" just jiggles over the top.  UUUGGHHH.

HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

MajorMom
on 5/17/11 2:28 am - VA
it's normal and it should shrink over the next few months. Once you hit goal, look for another year of redistribution. Redistribution is when the turkey neck and some of the other jiggly parts reduce some. Hang tough, babeee!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Amy P.
on 5/17/11 2:33 am - Liberty Lake, WA
Gina.....thanks for mentioning the turkey neck!

I can start to see the beginning of that and was already starting to freak about that too.  I look at everyone's amazing "after" photos and their necks all look sooooo good....why is mine puckering and sagging after only 35 pounds????

hopefully it is the "redistribution" to come....I wouldn't  mind if all this belly fat and such "redistributed" itself to my boobs and booty....which are getting flatter by the day.

vixen01
on 5/18/11 2:52 am
What's a turkey neck?? Also, is there really redistribution? I haven't hit goal yet (6 pounds to go) but even wearing a size 8, I can tell that if some of the loose skin were tighter I'd be an even smaller size. Like everyone else says here....the boobs are gone. One day I will get those fized because it's so sad The girls have checked out.
  SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
doreen967
on 5/17/11 2:44 am - SC
I am no expert, but I have noticed that my weight loss has been different than in previous weight loss attemps before surgery.  I normally loose from the head down, but now I seem to be loosing more in my hips and butt and less in my upper body and waist.  As a result I am getting some puckering in my belly.  I hope it goes away, but maybe since I am over 40 now I have lost some elasticity.  I guess it could be worse.

Doreen

Amy P.
on 5/17/11 2:52 am - Liberty Lake, WA
I'm 41 so that means we are both just spring chickens!!  My surgeon said that I should have lots elasticity left since "i'm so young".  I think that was before the surgery and he was just trying to woo me!     I have been losing in my hips too....I think I finally felt a hip bone in there last night? It has been so long since I have felt any bones near the surface that I thought I was just standing erect using muscles only!!

Hang in there....maybe we can get a group discount on some tummy tucks when we are all done.

fatoldbat
on 5/17/11 2:58 am
i'm afraid that my elasticity has left the building!  the "turkey neck" went away but the thighs and belly are awful!  hubby says they are getting better but they really look bad.....and the boobs and butt have just dried up!  when i put on my sports bra to go run.....i'm totally flat chested!  oh well.....i'd rather have the loose skin than have it full of fat again!!

when i started to run i could really see the difference in the fat......i could tell that a lot of fat "melted" away after i started to run several days a week.  i think its all about getting your heart rate into the "aerobic" zone!

good luck to ya!!!  and...by the way.....my grandson discovered my bat wings last weekend and just laughed his little hiney off!!!  thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen!  no telling what he'd do if he saw the tummy!!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 5/17/11 3:32 am - Mills River, NC
I would love to tell you mine is better.  I didn't expect a lot of elasticity at 62 and considering how long I was fat, but the melted look is really awful.  I'll take it and see what happens with time.  But for right now, arms, legs, tummy, butt, you get it, is all awful.  Clothes are a wonderful thing.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

southernlady5464
on 5/17/11 4:19 am
Amy, I look like a wax figurine from Madam Tussard's that someone melted!

I have wrinkles above my knees, the turkey neck, batwings that are flapping even worse than they did when I was fat, my butt even has wrinkles. But my belly, oh Lord, don't even go there. It's beyond flabby. IF my belly would cooperate, I would be in a size 8, I'm wearing a 10 but just BARELY. But 12's are too big.

I can see my rib cage but just under that, it's so flabby. I'm just waiting for the redistribution to set in. That and I am working out to try and reduce the flab.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

kelly_hope
on 5/17/11 8:01 am - Marysville, WA
For the turkey neck, a good stretching exercise that can help the skin shrink is to look up at the ceiling and open and close your mouth, kinda bringing your lower jaw up and out. Kinda giving yourself an underbite. You can actually feel it if you do it 20-30 times. And it's so easy you can do it anytime, anywhere.

I can't wait to be jiggly!

Did I really just say that????
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...