No Longer Obese--Warning--This Rambles

kimberly_gr
on 5/20/11 8:19 am

This week I moved from being obese to overweight.  I've lost about 2/3 of my weight loss goal, and I'm feeling good.

I'm trying to wrap my head about it.  In a way I have a grip on it, and see the smaller me, but I think I still feel like a fat girl.  I wish I knew some other short, shrinking gals who were following right behind me.  I've gotten rid of sooooo many nice work clothes by donating them.  It was always a double whammy trying to find good work clothes--I'm just 5 feet tall and I was big to boot.  Just try to find a nice jacket under those cir****tances!

After I lost about 30 lbs I started getting compliments about my weight loss, but just this week I've gotten a bunch of compliments.  I need to learn to just say thank you and move on.  Last weekend I needed to buy some shorts/capris and I actually fit into a size 10 for most things, and I mean I really fit; things weren't too tight.  Only recently have I become confident that I can get to a tiny size.

Best of all I feel good.  I think it took me a while more than most to get my energy back after surgery.  In the last 2 weeks I've started to feel more energetic and have been exercising more.  I'm starting to feel like a vibrant person, and this was probably my number 1 goal.

It's going to be so nice this summer being a normal size.  I'm grateful every day that I had my surgery.

Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

MajorMom
on 5/20/11 8:22 am - VA
Congratulations, Kim. You are doing a fabulous job.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

southernlady5464
on 5/20/11 8:28 am
Awesome, Kim

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 8:49 am
Kim, you are doing great! It just takes the "head" awhile to catch up with our new bodies. And....you are right, its hard just to say "thank you" to the compliments.Confidence comes with time and we will get there.........Brenda
loverofcats
on 5/20/11 9:15 am, edited 5/20/11 9:15 am
Hi Kim,

Congratulations!!!! I am only 4'11, on a good day, so I know what you are talking about. Never in a million years did I think that I would get down to the weight, that I am at today. I weigh about 108.7, plus or minus a pound or two. I am in a size OP pants, when I can find them. I am larger on top, so tops are less problematic.  Last weekend, I found out that I could fit into a size 14 Girl's jeans. Blew me away.

You will be amazed at how tiny you will become. It does take the head awhile to catch up. My head still needs to catch up.

You are doing FANTASTIC!!!! Keep up the good work. Exercise, especially, weight training really, really helps.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 5/20/11 10:28 am - Mills River, NC
I still look at my pants as I am putting my legs into them and swear they aren't going to go on, but they do.

You have done a great job.  Hurray, hurray.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 10:50 am

baat2010
on 5/20/11 11:19 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Thanks for posting. I can relate. I just crossed the overweight threshold but my body image is back in the 200's. I guess it just takes time. I am happy to hear that your energy is returning and you are feeling good. WTG!

Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
lerkhart
on 5/20/11 11:53 am
Congratulations Kim.  You are doing a great job.

It is weird how we can't see ourselves the way others see us.  I still kind of laugh at people when they tell me I'm tiny!!  It's like who are you talking too???

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
kimberly_gr
on 5/20/11 9:27 pm
Thank you everyone for all your support. I always enjoy reading your posts and feel so at home on the Lightweights Board.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views