Good swimsuit

Lucycat
on 5/26/11 6:44 am - Lewiston, ID
Wow, surprised I have finally found a decent swimsuit.  Maybe I missed a previous post about these suits, but if not...

Land End's total control swimsuits are awesome.  I ordered the sarong suit, and it really has control over the loose skin, and fits fantastic in the bust.  These are on sale right now, so I'm going to order another one. 

Anyway, just wanted to share.  Other than that - personal issues have kept me from posting much on the board, but all of you take care.

Sue

Stacey N.
on 5/26/11 8:15 am - Chesapeake, VA
Glad to see you on here and I hope things will even out soon enough for you. I am going to check out these suits Thank you

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Lucycat
on 5/26/11 8:18 am - Lewiston, ID
Hi Stacey,
They have some cute suits for petite women.  Also, a real cute tankini with draw string top so you can control the length.  I'm joining the acquatic center and I needed a suit that I could move in and not worry about falling out of.

Sue

paranoidmother21
on 5/26/11 11:06 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Every year, at the end of the season (October) and beginning of the next (March/April) I go surf their overstocks link, check clearance, and look at swimwear.

I got 2 tankini tops, 2 swim mini skirts, and 2 hip hugger bottoms for a grand total of $45 this year, and can mix and match them all up.

It's a great company to buy from. If you're not sure, even after checking the size chart, if something will fit, I've actually phoned them and the rep went and measured two different tops to tell me the circumference at the hem, which made a difference in which one I bought.

Anything you buy and don't like can be returned to any Sears store forever if the tags are still on it.

You can't beat their suits!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Ruthie D.
on 5/26/11 2:54 pm - Mayer, AZ
That's very cool that you found a suit you like!!

Do they have any with footies?  That's the only kind I'll let myself wear right now.

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Mrs.M
on 5/26/11 9:42 pm
Thanks Lucy.  I'm going to check out their website.  I usually buy at Target but I'm always up for a good buy.  Personally I think I want to design a new bra and get a company to manufacture it.  I'm only half kidding here--we need a bra with VERY high sides for the side cleavage and I don't know why no one makes one! LOL
Janet

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 10:27 pm, edited 5/26/11 10:37 pm
I'm totally with U there Janet ...

BTW really EXPENSIVE manufacturers like La Perla already make their bras to have more coverage on the arm side even as they plunge in the front .

Ud think itd be easy to do but i bet it involves expensive construction . Now a simple inexpensive solution is a cotton spandex bra with no torpedo knitting ( know what i mean ? ) ( Jockey used to make a great simple underwire one but walmart never carried the small sizes - i guess i should try ordering on the NET )

God knows why some manufacturers think we want our boobies to go into a cup that looks like a short sock...

hey if i wanted sock-looking like titties I would have GROWN them that shape lol ... try ROUND or better yet pear shaped with weight primarily on the bottom and the nipple pointing UPWARD! Flattering to REAL women ... thats who theyre NOT thinking of.

For some reason both designers and lingerie designers are imagining their customers look like models lol ....thats why most of the expensive stuff that goes down the runway actually gets redesigned before manufacture ...

the cheap and moderate range stuff unfortunately depends on the body WEARING it looking good to look acceptable .

yep I think we could make a mint with little mostly cotton stretch camis /bodysuits with super- spandex too that double as shaper garments and can be worn out as tops ..

and a flattering matching ribbed cotton cardi to throw over when its cold .. and to flatteringly cover the arms and back..

Mrs.M
on 5/26/11 10:59 pm
 as if any of us would spend money on La Perla while are boobs are still shrinking! LOL

I have one of those shapers that looks like a tank top bus sits just below the bra.  I was thinking there ought to be a way to make a protype of a bra by attaching the shaper to the bra itself.  I'm considering cutting up an old one and playing with the idea.

My MIL (age 89) was a seamstress in Europe before WWII.  She says bras always used to be made by hand. Hey, we've got nothing to lose (except the side boobage) by experimenting.
Janet

Lucycat
on 5/27/11 1:33 am - Lewiston, ID
  Well, I've been wearing my AHHH bra and love it, love it, love it. 

Sue

Ruthie D.
on 5/27/11 5:53 am - Mayer, AZ
It looks wonderful.  When you call to order, do they offer the other colors besides white, nude, & black?
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 412 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 473 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views