Turned 60!

Lucycat
on 6/30/11 4:12 am, edited 6/29/11 6:32 pm - Lewiston, ID
Oh my goodness...last week I turned 60 years old and also celebrated my 39th wedding anniversary. I have hit a very hard place mentally, and haven't been posting, or lurking much. shame on me. I think I just needed a short break from the total focus of this surgery, but now need to find my way back. I am at the weight that I have spent most of my life and I'm wondering if I am sabatoging my efforts. Anyway, all of you are so wonderful. I need to refocus and rededicate. I'm eating healthy foods, no sugars or simple carbs, but I eat alot. Didn't realize what an emotional eater I really am. Do all of you really eat your meals at a table, or do you sit in front of the tv? Do you eat something before you go to bed, or when is your last meal?

Love all of you,
Sue

Stacey N.
on 6/30/11 4:20 am, edited 6/30/11 4:21 am - Chesapeake, VA
(Sung the most horrible off key way possible LOL)HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIIIIIRTHDAY DEAR SUUUUEEEEE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! Congrats on the Wedding anniversary also, 39 years is no simple thing to do!
I do not eat at the table, I know I need to but have found every time I do, I eat TOO fast and end up seriously ill. Why I have no clue. If I am away from them, I do great, something I need to work on. I have started eating Peanut Butter crackers (only 4) just before I go to bed, I felt as if I was STARVING! It has truly helped in that feeling, now am I losing weight, NOPE, I am stuck at 129 and can get no further. Good Luck We have missed you around here.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Lucycat
on 6/30/11 4:34 am - Lewiston, ID
Thank you Stacey.  I have not been tracking my food like I should, old habits die hard.  I did a review this morning of what I have been eating, and I have been eating healthy, however, I have been eating a bag of Seneca apple chips every day.  350 calories and 60 grams of carbs.  Gee, I wonder if that is why I'm not losing weight...............               well duh!

So, I'm cutting that out, and back on the wagon.  

It's amazing how we can be our own worse enemy!

Sue

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 6:05 am
 that old  "  comfortable shoe  "  most-of -my -life  weight  lol .....

and the  emotional grazing  that caused it /kept it there  lol.... oh man can I relate ..... 

sometimes it isnt  about being all we can be  but just being among  like minded friends here ... true  unjudgmental  .loving , sincere  friends *****ALLY  want whats best  for us ... ...

its not always easy to accept true friendship  for me either Sue ...  Im so used to running away or questioning everyones motives lol ....here  I can't do that  

thats  why I  love the LW  forum ..its really a  not just a loving  place but a GROWING ,  Maturing , Healing  experience....  

Lucycat
on 6/30/11 6:33 am - Lewiston, ID
Oh you are so right.  I need to remember this. 

MajorMom
on 6/30/11 7:11 am - VA
Happy birthday and anniversary, babeee!

About the eating...I graze and rarely, if ever, sit down for a meal at home with family. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lucycat
on 6/30/11 7:25 am - Lewiston, ID
Thank you, Gina.  I'm thinking when I eliminate the apple chips, things should change.  Also, the weather is starting to warm up quite a bit and will be swimming more.

Sue

MajorMom
on 6/30/11 7:32 am - VA
Yep, apple crisps are full of sugary carbs. Kick 'em to the curb!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lucycat
on 6/30/11 7:53 am - Lewiston, ID
Gina, they're terrible, 45 grams of carbs in a bag.  The bag says 2 1/2 servings, but who is buying that?  I wish I had never tried them.  I had never heard of them before, but I was driving up to Spokane and needed something to get my blood sugar back up.  It seemed like a healthy choice in the grocery store, and I've been hooked every since.  I'm kicking them to the curb.  After a few days they'll be a fond, vague memory.  Thank you Gina.

Sue

Jody ***
on 6/30/11 7:36 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Welcome back Sue and belated Happy Birthday and Anniversary!

I think where you're at we've all been at one time or another.  I don't sit at a table to eat, or rarely do I.  It has to be a special occasion of some sort. 

I do very well all day then after dinner - watch out!  Lately I've had a very grouchy pouch and when it is feeling better I'll snack, then it'll feel bad.  Think I'm trying to find something that sits well in it.. but... my snacks at night are typically chunk cheese and maybe some sliced meat.  But still.. its calories.  Carbs aren't my friends either.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views