Peanut Butter Cup Protein Ice Cream

Mara C.
on 6/30/11 12:45 am - Millbury, MA
So I FINALLY made protein ice cream for the first time last night and I can't believe I haven't done this sooner!!  It was delicious!!!!!!!!

Here is the recipe I used from Eggface's site:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/07/it-sh ould-be-illegal.html

Enjoy!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 1:52 am, edited 6/30/11 1:55 am
 Im actually   surprised  Eggface  has changed a lot in two years  ....  her recipes  are much lower fat  .SHE herself seems a LOT slimmer since her plastics  .....

go GRRL  !! 

I bet she doesnt crave the  fat and sweets as much since her  excess  fat cells were  removed thru lipo  (  it DOES really help  ) 

I used to  really  well .... feel angry at her ...  because i felt she was misleading people down  a fatty  dessert  laden  non  weight  losing garden path ..... but maybe no longer .  

Id probably actually  LIKE her  very much if I met her  quiet as its kept ..Im sure I would have before as well  shes a creative , enterprising Chick .

Roz !!!!
on 6/30/11 1:55 am - Butler, PA
I need to do that!!!  I've got to fight the sweet attacks every single day!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Roz !!!!
on 6/30/11 1:57 am - Butler, PA
What kind of ice cream maker did you buy?  I've bought several different kinds and I must be doing something wrong because never once have I successfully made ice cream.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Mara C.
on 6/30/11 2:05 am - Millbury, MA
Yea, I needed this too.... now I will have to try some other recipes too.  I have this ice cream maker:
http://www.amazon.com/Krups-358-70-Glaciere-Cream-Maker/dp/B 00004SPEF

I just ran it in there until it thickened up.  I had to scrape some off the side with a spoon.  Then put it all into a covered tupperware for about an hour.  When I was ready to eat it, I popped it into the microwave for about 15 secs and then melted a tbs of peanut butter to dribble over it.....YUM!!!

"Create your day"
paranoidmother21
on 6/30/11 12:28 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Roz, I got the same Cuisenart that Eggface uses, and have found a couple of tips.

First, no matter what the instructions say, let the tub freeze for a MINIMUM of 3 days.

Second, after 13-17 minutes, you've probably got all the ice cream you're going to get from your liquids.  It's still very soft, but scoop it into a tub with an air-tight lid (tupperware type) and freeze it for 20 minutes without agitation.  Great!

Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

lerkhart
on 6/30/11 2:29 am
I have made several different kinds of protein ice cream and love it - I've just been too lazy to make much this year.  I did make some peach with fresh peaches and vanilla protein powder and it was delicious.  I mostly use Eggface's recipes but alter then a little.
Glad you found it and like it.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mara C.
on 6/30/11 2:35 am - Millbury, MA
I have to buy some vanilla protein powder, the peach and pistachio especially sound good to me!

"Create your day"
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 2:57 am, edited 6/30/11 6:08 am
 I bought a gelato make from Italy   a few years ago  from Zabars for about  three hundred  bux .... TOTALLY   worth it .   

Unfotunately  I let the  motor burn out by ign0ring the warning beep  when it was done  ( irrespnsible Mommy  )     IT HAPPENS   .  I was in  the garden ,  asleep  in the rocking swing  with the cat ( naughty Ava ) ( please blame  furry soft  pettable Mini Me  

those  in  freezer thingies ..they really dont work ( though the popsicle makers do ) .....   this self contained  machine oh , was the BOMB....I used it every day for two years 

fat free  gelato all day all nite long  from a sugarfreefat free pudding base....

Mara C.
on 6/30/11 4:12 am - Millbury, MA
gelato .... yum!!!  I need to be more creative!  The rocking swing, nap with the cat sounds wonderful! 

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views