A Little of This...A Little of That

Amy P.
on 8/22/11 7:10 am - Liberty Lake, WA
Hello all....It's been a long time since I've posted on here, but my telecommuter status is now defunct and I've had to start working in the office. I've worked from home for the past five years, so the last two months has been quite the adjustment....not to mention that I had to go out and buy something other than jeans. 

But good news is that shopping was actually fun. Very few times in my life have I enjoyed going to the stores, but I have found a lot of cute things.  Love to peruse the thrift stores, I have found some amazing buys.  And I am wearing a solid size 6-8...who would have thunk it!! 

I have also found a new favorite treat....I make them up before I go to bed and eat them for breakfast or snack at work.  My daugther is 8 and loves them...plus they are good for her!!

Protein No-Bake Cookies:

In a small bowl, add 1/3 cup oats, 1 tbs nut butter of choice and 1 scoop protein    powder.   Stir to combine and use the spoon to break up the nut butter until you have a nice crumbly mixture: Add  1/8 cup milk of your choice (For me, unsweetened vanilla almond milk) and mix until fully moistened. Stir in your mix-ins of choice and season (I use a pack of stevia). Put the cookie in the fridge overnight. It will harden slightly from the nut butter and the oats will soften from the milk.   mmmmmmmm

My weight loss has been pretty consistent and boring....which I guess is good!  I'm still averaging 7-9 pounds a month, nothing that glam, but it is still 60 pounds since March and I'll take it!!   My daughter is 52 pounds so every time I pick her up I think....wow~imaging packing her on my back everywhere I go....gave me a new perspective and appreciation for 60 pounds!!

Next month is six months...I will try to get some photos posted by that time. Love you all!!
                                HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

peyton88
on 8/22/11 7:17 am - Madison, GA
Looks like you are doing AWESOME!  I think your recipe looks yummy too.....gotta try it!
Glad you checked in!  Happy 6th month anniversary!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

jojoslim
on 8/22/11 8:53 am
Wow our stats (I;m 5'2) are really similar so you give me lots of hope of a regular weightloss.  I thought that it might be REALLY slow starting of this size.  Can I ask you what a typical days food looks like for you and what sort of exercise you do?

Amy P.
on 8/22/11 9:02 am - Liberty Lake, WA
You are doing well aready!!!

I am not much of a breakfast eater so I always start my mornings off with a double protein shake....two scoops of protein powder, ice, berries and a pack of splenda. This way I know that I'm at nearly 50g of protein before lunch. Then for lunch I usually eat some lunch meat or tuna and a few cheez-it crackers. In the afternoon I'll eat some cashews and some fruit or string cheese. I also try to get in another single protein shake/drink it during the afternoon....usually just a juice based one like Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel that I can shake and drink over ice.  Then for dinner I eat chicken or some other protein and maybe a little sweet potato.  I always rely on a sugar free popsicle when I need a little pick me up or when my tummy is a little upset.

I had the grumpy pouch for a coulple days last week so I just focused on lots of fluids and a shake when I could get it down. Then it passed and I'm back to my "normal" eating. 

I feel normal....I go out to eat with my hubby or friends and just order something protein based, eat a few bites and then take the rest home.

I am to have hip surgery this fall so my exercise has been limited cardio-wise to walking. I also do upper body strengthening like push ups, etc. I got out some pilates CDs I have and am going to start those on my nights when I can't do swimming or water aerobics classes starting next month.

Let me know if you have any other questions!! This place has been a life-saver for me :)

jojoslim
on 8/22/11 9:13 am
thanks for all that great info!  I am having your exact breakfast right now!  I think I have probably got lucky because at 8 days out I am not having any problems getting my fluids or protein in.  How many calories would you suggest I stick too?  I have no hunger but also am not getting any obvious signs of being full either which is weird. So I am just sticking to set amounts and leaving it at that.  I guess it could be because my nerves are healing still?  I have a 5 and a 7 year old daughter too.  Can I ask you - how has your skin settled?  I am hoping that being on the lighter end of the scale I might get away with my arms and legs not needing any work - my tummy is ruined from my babies so I guess I will have to decide iF I care enough for plastics when I get there.  I am quite scared of pain and plastics sounds sooo painful!  Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!

Amy P.
on 8/23/11 2:17 am - Liberty Lake, WA

I didn't really worry about the amount of calories until I was on solid food...just focus on getting in the protein shakes and fluids.  After I went on solids I try to get in 800 cal a day. My NUT wants me at 1000, but I have a hard time getting that much in. On the days that I am working out I do try to get in a little more so I don't get light headed. The little protein no-bakes have been a life saver.  But there are days that I just can't get down all my shakes, nothing tastes, good ,etc so I just do what I can, take my vitamins and keep trying the next day.  My weightloss has been super slow and I"m finally used to it....but I think losing it slower has been better on my skin not being TOO saggy.

Now if my hair would just stop falling out......my hubby assures me that I'm not looking bald anywhere but I can tell you that it does freak you out a bit when you see that much hair coming out in the shower!

I've got some loose skin on my neck, just above my adam's apple area, but at least my double chins are going away!

My worst skin place by far is upper arms, just down from my armpits. It is really hanging down and pushup don't seem to be helping too much. My stomach isn't too bad, but I have a lot to lose there still....that darn lower roll just doesn't seem to want to go away. I've lost a lot of backfat, but I think that it just shimmied around to the front and is hanging out in my belly.  I don't think I'll worry much about having my stomach done....no one sees it anyway!  If I was to have any plastics, I wouldn't mind having my upper arms done and maybe the girls lifted back up where they belong!!

Price S.
on 8/22/11 12:20 pm - Mills River, NC
I did something similar to your "cookie" this morning but yours sounds better.  I just nuked 1 T of peanut butter and added a scoop of protein powder.  I had to add some water (the milk would have been better) to get it mixed.  then put it in the freezer for a few minutes.  Kind of tasted like the insides of a protein bar.  I'll try adding the oats and see how that goes. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Eliza55
on 8/22/11 11:53 pm - PA
Amy

I will try those protein no-bake cookies.  They sound really good, and in the fall, I'll need something that I can grap and go with.

Sounds like you're getting back into work away from home - it can be a big change.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views