Hello LWs...it's been too long!

Amy P.
on 10/24/11 11:52 pm - Liberty Lake, WA

It's been a few months since I've posted and I've missed you guys! Life has thrown us a few curve balls but we are adapting.  I had to go back in the office after being a telecommuter for five years...big adjustment.  Hubby got laid off and we have decided he is going to go back to school and we will figure out how to live on my salary...big adjustment.  Decided to sell our house so we had to get it ready (pack up extra stuff)...big adjustment.  Work has decided to become "more efficient" i.e. those of us on salary working more--so now working 5am to 3:30pm with lunch at my desk...big adjustment. 

But God puts sunshine in all that we do, we just need to sometimes get through the layers of negatitivity to see it and that is what I have been focusing on!! So there is a bright side to everything...now that I am back in the office I pack my lunch and am not tempted to eat what I shouldn't. I had a bit of a stall but now down 7 pounds the past 30 days!! Selling our house means getting something smaller this isn't as much to clean!!  And hubby being home more means that he is doing the cleaning..double yay!

I'm down 71 pounds total, which is a lot on my 5'3 frame. While I still have 22 pounds to go to my "goal", I could be this weight and be happy too. I think my head is starting to finally catch up.

It is so much more fun to go shopping wearing a size 6-8 in pants and medium shirts. I have donated all of my clothes that are too big and spend my "allowance" at the thrift stores where I have found fabulous buys! Only thing I refuse to by there are undies and shoes...I just can't go that far!  And it is wierd...I never expected my feet to shrink but most of my shoes are a size too big now so I told family that is what will be on my Christmas list!

I still count my protein grams and try not to pack too many carbs for my lunch. Still starting the day with protein coffee, then adding in some apples with PB, yogurt w/ cottage cheese and some chicken salad on a few crackers. Sometimes I am only nibbling at dinner...haven't had much of an appetite the last few weeks.  Exercise is still too elusive! I need to make it a priority and am trying to come up with ways to incorporate it into our "family time" in the evenings.

Promise to be on here more and try to make posting on Roz's menus and miles a daily thing. Maybe even a few updated photos!!

HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

Roz !!!!
on 10/25/11 12:43 am - Butler, PA
Amy it's great to see you!!   Sorry about everything that's going on if your life but it sounds like you and DH are working together to handle things.

Congrats on the 7 pounds!!!  

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Mara C.
on 10/25/11 1:31 am - Millbury, MA
I love your attitude!  Keep up the great work!!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
italianspice
on 10/25/11 5:43 am - Eastlake, OH
Good to hear from you Amy!

Great attitude!  Keep up the great work! I am sure exercise will fall into place when things settle down for you!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 10/25/11 7:17 am - Mills River, NC
You have been busy and have been doing great with all of it.  Hurray for you.  Sounds like you are working a great plan and it is paying off. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Eliza55
on 10/25/11 8:48 am - PA

Pam

You're doing great.  I'm most impressed that you're sticking to the plan, with all of the big changes and challenges in your life.  I know it is really tough.  

My shoes are also getting too big - for me, it's time for nice thick warm socks!

Good luck!

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views