OT weird but true

Mrs.M
on 10/26/11 3:16 am
 A friend of mine is therapist *****cently completed training to become a hypnotherapist.  She says the training changed her life.  She told me that sage can be used to  dispel negative energy in an environment.  (It is supposedly best to burn it but it smells like marijuana.)

Anyway-there is certainly tons of negative energy in my house so I figured it was worth a try.  Couldn't fine a sage plant so I just bought sage in the grocery store, next to the parsley and dill.  I put most of it in my daughter's room (bad vibes there since she went off her bipolar meds and moved out to be with an abusive boyfriend) and put the rest by the front door three days ago.

Since then:
joined a gym and got a personal trainer (I've already seen him twice)
picked up 2 new clients in one day
got a call to become a trainer for an education company
threw out all the bad carbs
went for a walk with hubby two nights in a row
found out that one of my young clients has made a complete turnaround (mother thinks it's my doing!)

not bad for three days--try it!
Janet

Ladytazz
on 10/26/11 3:31 am
I believe native americans use sage in the sweat ceremonies for the same reason.  I may try it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Mrs.M
on 10/26/11 2:44 pm
 I think it's still working.  Tonight we went to the Josh Groban concert.  We had tickets for the fourth level (nosebleed section).  When we got there, they upgraded us to plaza level, just above floor seating.  AND Josh had a mini stage right in front of us!... Weird!
Janet

Price S.
on 10/26/11 5:08 am - Mills River, NC
I have sage growing in the garden.  I'll have to try burning some.  Hummm.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Mrs.M
on 10/26/11 2:45 pm
 Hey, maybe it will help your knee while you are waiting for your replacement!

Eliza55
on 10/26/11 6:29 am - PA
I had sage growing in my garden for years, but it died a couple years back, and I never replaced it.  That must be the issue.  (but it doesn't explain the few really bad years I had while it was growing....)
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Mrs.M
on 10/26/11 2:46 pm
 Maybe you broke a bunch of mirrors. LOL  I still cringe whenever I break one.

melizabeth
on 10/26/11 6:56 am - CA
If sage works so well I wonder what rosemary and thyme would do?  I'm all for trying anything that works!  Good for you Janet.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Mrs.M
on 10/26/11 2:47 pm
 Don't laugh. I was thinking the same thing.  Plus if you add parsley, you could play the Simon and Garfunkle song and enjoy some music!

Ruthie D.
on 10/26/11 9:00 am - Mayer, AZ
You know how football players smudge that black strip under their eyes to deflect the light?  Smudging with sage is like that... it deflects negative energies.

I worked with a Cherokee Medicine Woman for 3 years and use sage smudge sticks regularly.  I make sure there is a window or chimney flue open for the "negative spirits" to leave through and then, starting on the east side of the house, I walk the perimeter inside and out while saying my little personal prayers.  I smudge myself, my animals, my husband, my vehicles, my property...  I love doing it and it never fails that my husband says, "What's burning?!?!  It smells like POT!"  ah well... some things never change.

Even putting it around your house like you did Janet, is a good thing because the INTENT was there even if it was done non-traditionally.  You dun good and I'm happy you've seen positive results.  Keep it up.

Smudgesticks are easy to find online, or at a New Age type store, or message me and I'll send you one of the few I made this year from sage I harvested. 

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views