Stomach Flu..What to do

Stacey N.
on 11/15/11 9:06 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I have a stomach flu ( I believe) I have not been able to tolerate any food or liquid in 2 days now, my insides are cramping so bad. Of course I have the vomiting and diarrea that comes along with it.
I am doing my best to get in some G2 but it hurts so bad. I dont know what to do!

What works to feel better and stay down? (TMI ALERT) As I pour it in, it comes out and up just as quick. What do I do?
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 11:02 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Oh girlie.. I was hoping someone who had better sick RNY knowing would come along, the best I can think of is Pedialyte pops to keep you hydrated and electrolytes up.  You know they come in little containers you can freeze.

I would wonder if Pedialyte would be better than the G2 and easier on your belly?  Maybe sucking on the pop will keep it from going down in a glut and coming back up in a glut?

*squeeze*

I wish I had better things to share girlie.  that's all I have!

And if you cant get fluids to stay down girlie, you might need to call in for a suppository so you can keep stuff down or go get a bag or two of fluids.  Getting dehydrated on top of being sick is going to whip you worse than just being sick!!

*more squeezes*
Roz !!!!
on 11/15/11 11:24 pm - Butler, PA
(((HUGS))) 

I'm all for suppositories!  My Dr. gave me a subscription once and even though I didn't need it I got it filled and it has been a life saver several times.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 11/16/11 12:51 am
Stacey,
Hope you feel better.  You might want to call your doctor because you sure don't want to get dehydrated.
I have suppositories and keep them in my refrigerator just in case!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Stacey N.
on 11/16/11 8:11 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Thanks everyone, I have just sipped on mothing but liquids all day. Stomach is feeling better and had some tomato soup for dinner. Hopefully the next few days I can get back to normal.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

italianspice
on 11/16/11 10:21 pm - Eastlake, OH
Hope you are feeling better today!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views