Hi all!! Just dropping by!

Tantrica
on 12/27/11 12:12 pm - An Army Base, XX
 I just stopped by to say hello to all my LW's over the holidays!  Everything is good here in Alaska.  Our family is going through a TON of changes and its been a bit stressful but we are plugging along!  WLS world is just fine.  I'm still maintaining my weight though the trouble these days is keeping it ON not getting it off, lol!!  I'm sitting at around 113 pounds and just blown away that I'm so little.  I still have my "fat" days where I feel like the woman I was almost 4 years ago (WOW how time flies!!!), but usually a little trip down memory lane and pictures remind me that I'm not her anymore.  My little ones are growing up soooo fast!  I can't believe that the little girls I used to post pictures of on our threads, are 11 and 6 now and not babies at all.  Hubby is seperating from the military with a full medical retirement after almost 13 years of service.  The transition is a little scary for us and it comes with a BIG move.  After calling Alaska home for the last 10 years we will be heading back to the "lower 48" so he can go to school.  I hope that it means we will be able to catch up with some family and friends that we've been missing!!  We have been struggling with some of the issues that WLS brings for relationships, but we are strong and will pull our marriage through the rocks.  I REFUSE to be another statistic and he's more than willing to work out the issues so I have no doubt that we will survive!  I broke the grips of transfer addiction and spent an entire year alcohol and drug free (other than required perscriptions).  I'm comfortable having an occasional drink with friends and family now and don't feel the need to drink till its gone.  I'm so thankful for the experience but soooo glad that I was able to break free!!!  I learned so much about myself over the 2 years it took for me to get a hand on everything.  Here's our family pic for the year:

I I hope all my LW's find themselves well and life is shining on you!!  Happy Holidays to all of my friends and their families!!

Kari

MajorMom
on 12/27/11 5:58 pm - VA
Kari!!    So good to see you. You and your family look great. The girls have gotten so big but I can recognize them. lol  Good luck to you and your hubby as he transitions. You have done an awesome job, Kari. A true success.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 12/27/11 7:47 pm - Mills River, NC
I love it when vets come by to say hello and we get to hear their success stories.  Congrats and welcome back any time.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Stacey N.
on 12/27/11 10:14 pm - Chesapeake, VA
You have a beautiful family. Stop by more often and share...

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

lerkhart
on 12/28/11 6:05 am
Congratulations Kari on your success.  You have a beautiful family.  Good luck with your families transition and move.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
sthepworth
on 12/29/11 3:43 pm
I would LOVE to hear more from you! It sounds like you know where you want to be and are DETERMINED to do whatever it takes to get there. SO HAPPY and what a beautiful family!
Together In Faith            
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views