20 months, beyond goal!!

Jane W.
on 1/14/12 10:31 pm - Southaven, MS
Hello LW friends!!  Just checking in, it has been a long while since I have.

I am 5'5 1/2", presurg weight 241.  My original goal weight was 160, but I have finally stabolized the last 2 months, I think, at 125!!!  (SIZE 2).  I just kept on loosing, and was beginning to get worried. 

I still have problems frequently with dense proteins, esp. chicken...it often gets stuck even when I chew forever.

Suprizingly, things that use to taste very good to me presurg, still don't anymore, like ice cream for example and chocolote.  And I am satisfied eating just a few chips, rather than the whole bag, or a few bites of someting that is sinful. I get hungry, but mostly find it a chore to find something to eat.  I cook more than ever, trying new receipes, looking for food I enjoyl.  Funning thing is that now if I don't like the way something tastes (which happens a lot), I just can't/won't eat it, and would rather go hungry.  And most of the time I get full on small amts of food (that thought that would change this far out for some reason).

A question for all you old timers, does food still taste different to you after all this time; do you have trouble finding foods you enjoy; can you still only eat small amts?

Cheese and crackers with pickles or garlic suffed olives are a mainstay in my diet, as well as my morning protein drinks.  I prefer Chia Tea from Bariatic Advantage.  I also try to eat a protien bar, to ensure I get enough protein.

To you newbies, be patient with the stalls and reaching goal, and don't be surprised if your body wants to loose MORE than you do !!

Much success and love to you all.  I couldn't have made it early on without yawl.
Jane
5'6"    
Jane W.
on 1/14/12 10:32 pm - Southaven, MS
A special hello to Gina, Jody, Roz!!! Yawl really are the backbone of this group.

Jane
5'6"    
MajorMom
on 1/14/12 10:47 pm - VA
Hi, Jane!  Congratulations on your awesome successes! I'm glad things are going so well.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jane W.
on 1/14/12 11:15 pm - Southaven, MS
Thanks, Gina.  I retired 6 months ago from the VA (they sorta forced my hand).  I am working out a few days a week, playing duplicate bridge 6 days a week, reading 2-3 hours a day, and took up the piano again.  Having a ball as a "skinny me".  Wish I could post pics.

Jane

Jane
5'6"    
Lee ~
on 1/15/12 12:38 am - CA
 Jane!  It's so lovely to see you.  I've been wondering how you were doing.  Congratulations on your retirement!, I was recently terminated after 18 years because my office was closed and moved to Ohio.  At 61 I wish I could retire!  

Having a sleeve, food has always tasted great to me and there's no problem eating anything I want, so no advice from me.  I just wanted to say hi, it's great to hear from you!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jane W.
on 1/15/12 5:29 am - Southaven, MS
Lee, so good to hear from you...you made it, hooray!!!  You look great!!!!  Thanks for chiming in.  I think of you often.  I wasn't planning on retiring...I'm 61 too, but....I realized I had enough $ if I'm somewhat careful, and they really forced my hand after 18 yrs.  I was miserable the last three years.  But sorry to hear about your job.  Are you moving to Ohio, and looking for something where you are?

Jane
5'6"    
Lee ~
on 1/15/12 3:42 pm - CA
 I wasn't offered the option of Ohio.  At 61 I wish I could retire but I couldn't afford my home.  I'm going to need my 401k for many years I hope!

Im so glad you could retire.  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jody ***
on 1/15/12 5:22 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Jane!  Congrats on your awesome success!

To answer your question - food tastes "normal" to me now... and did about 6 months out, but it was about 2 years when the volume turned up a little, as far as how much I could eat. 

Congrats on your retirement!  I too kinda had my hand forced to retire, and don't regret it a bit, but I do have a new job I'm enjoying. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Jane W.
on 1/15/12 5:34 am - Southaven, MS
Hi Jody!  Do you still have that boyfriend, did you get married?

Jane

5'6"    
Jody ***
on 1/15/12 5:46 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Yep - still have him around.  We've been together for 15 months now... not married.  I'm not ready to go there yet, and don't think he is either.  I'm happy with the way things are, for now. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views