Keeping the weight off

LinR
on 1/25/12 2:33 am
I went to my PCP for another issue and he said to me.  "How do you keep your weight off"?

I was a little confused because, though fairly new to him, I had told him about the RNY.  I thought he forgot.  I said "I had gastric bypass surgery".  He then said he knew but he had several patients that did not keep their weight off  after bypass surgery and wanted to know how I did it.

I told him that it was really easy to go back to old habits.  I told him I really had to watch myself to keep from grazing and it helped to journal my food plan for the day.

I found myself REALLY grazing over the holidays and have tried to keep my AM snack to a protein coffee  and my after supper snacks to SF popsicles.  My problem is during the week after lunch.
I know I am not hungry, but I am really tired of the workday and if left to my own devices will do some emotional snacking.  

So that's what I'm working on right now. 

Roz !!!!
on 1/25/12 5:18 am - Butler, PA
I think that's great that your PCP was interested. 

If my PCP would ask me that I probably would go on and on and on.  He would be so regretting it...LOL

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Lee ~
on 1/25/12 8:31 am - CA
 Bravo Lin, you are an inspiration to so many of us!

I'm glad you have a great doctor who is so observant.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

italianspice
on 1/25/12 8:15 pm - Eastlake, OH
Thanks Lin!

I feel like some of my old habits are creeping back too, and since its been cold, having a hard time getting all my liquids in, which seems to make me feel hungry.

Its good to know I am not alone!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 1/26/12 11:41 pm - Mills River, NC
Yes, for me, daily weighing, tracking even if it is mentally, keeping up the protein drinks, staying busy.  That is what is workling for me.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lynn5707
on 1/27/12 6:17 pm - IN
That's so great your doctor was interested to know how you do it.

I figure I will need to track for the rest of my life. I know I just have to do it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views