Disappointment and Decisions

Stacey N.
on 2/8/12 8:14 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Im not going to go into extreme details because, well it can be boring. So long story short: Had my 18 mo follow up last week, all is good, I am officially in maintenence and doing ok there, my Vit D is in the tank again but working diligently on it. I recieved my P.S. Consult for a scar revision, apparently the PA feels I have many adhesions causing the trouble and feels if it was revised, life in general would be easier.

Of course I call for my appointment only to be told that they are not seeing anyone for " cosmetic surgery"  Yes I was going to talk to them about a panni but was just wanting the pain from the scar to go away. Now I am back at square one and have to decide to pursue it or try to find the money to go outside, my ins wont cover it at all...

Sorry guys I just truly needed to vent.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

CherylR
on 2/8/12 9:19 pm - Blue Springs, MO
I'm sorry this is happening. Sounds like it would be possible to say it is for pain and have the first place do it. But that is a hassle. The other costs more out of pocket. Do I understand correctly? Hard choice......hassle vs money? Hmmm.
Stacey N.
on 2/8/12 9:25 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Yea, all of it would have to be out of pocket. They arent even looking at the fact that the surgeon srewed up.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 2/8/12 10:17 pm - Mills River, NC
I know nothing about Tricare but some insurance that won't do cosmetic will do medically necessary procedures that end up being the same thing.  Can you go that route?

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Kermit P.
on 2/8/12 10:43 pm
Could you go to the appt for the adhesions to be addressed and then discuss if they would also do a panni with you paying the additional cost? Is there another PS you could see under your tricare?  I know this is VERY disappointing.....don't give up yet....you have done amazing Stacey especially considering what you went thru after gall bladder surgery.

Hang in there!!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
lerkhart
on 2/9/12 12:45 am
Stacey,
Hope you can get an appointment.  Can you call your surgeon back and get them to schedule the appointment for you?  Sometimes a referral makes it easier to get an appointment.

Congratulations on your success!!  I can tell you maintenance is a lot harder.....for me anyway.

Good luck.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Stacey N.
on 2/9/12 2:22 am - Chesapeake, VA
The problem is they wont even give me an appt to even talk to them. I am going to have to do what Linda says and go back through my surgeon and see if she can resubmit it. I am wondering if it was because I saw the PA and not the actual surgeon. Mine is still deployed so I am seeing this other one.... Back to the phone I go.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

italianspice
on 2/9/12 8:11 am - Eastlake, OH
Good luck and be persistent.
Sorry you are having to go through all of this.
Swinging for you!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...