for those of you who celebrate Passover - enjoy

godzilla
on 4/5/12 4:24 pm - Israel
There is an even nicer one:
Search on YouTube for:
Bye bye mr.pharaoh

I actually do not like Passover but not so much because of the food but all the cleaning prep and cuckooness involved-but that is me.
And this year I am doing my first colonoscopy which will be next on Tuesday so the diet prep and then the diarrhea med to clean out (but at least no enema!). I am scared/nervous about it.

Mikimi in Israel
rbb825
on 4/5/12 5:44 pm - Suffern, NY
you will do fine - the prep is really the only bad part.  The test is no big deal, they put an IV in your arm and the next thing you know you wake up and it is over.

For the prep, make sure you drink tons of fluids, nothing reds or purple beause it shows up as blood on the test.  Get lots of jello and popsicles, broth - just pretend it is the first few days after surgery.  Then drink the - as I call it = pardon my expression = crapper medication - and stay near the toilet - within a 20 feet and you will be fine for the next 12 hours.  Good luck

godzilla
on 4/5/12 6:23 pm - Israel
I have 3-4 day special diet before of no fiber fruits or veggies or nuts/seeds which isost of my normal diet.
-but I can eat dairy, eggs, boiled chicken, mashed potato.
I hate jello and I didn't look for Popsicles when shopping for Passove.
I bought cottage cheese, eggs, fish and a bit of matzah.
Now for after the colonoscopy I have avocado and nuts.
I just want to be after this test.
Mikimi
Price S.
on 4/5/12 9:47 pm - Mills River, NC
DH just did the test this week.  The prep is the only bad part.  He was on clear liguids for 24 hrs before.  The test itself is a breeze, then you are done.  He had no eating restrictions afterwards.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views