Dropping in to say Hello

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/7/12 7:56 am, edited 5/7/12 8:25 am
Hi all. It's been a while and I want to say thank you to ALL that have been nothing but supportive from the start. You welcomed me over from the rny forum to get the support that I needed from us short folks.

I looooooove my rny and my surgeon Dr. Lee. The advice that is posted here is priceless. If you are waiting for approval or waiting for your sugery date, this group is A+.

WEIGHT/ I went to the doctor for some information regarding sinuses and got on the scale............another 2 pounds in the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now 136 pounds. I have a couple of 8's that are now a bit saggy and I have to wear a belt. I guess that I can say that I wear size 6 and some 4's now.

WEIRD/ I notice that for the last month or so that when I eat or drink, my stomach gets a little big and then when everything is digested, it goes back down. I remember reading that someone else has went through the same thing. I still have very strong cravings for chocolate when I am on my cycle. The other thing that I have noticed is that when I did eat a small piece of chocolate, I was satisfied and then.................BOOM! I felt like I was going to sleep standing right where I was. I wanted to lay in the floor and go straight to sleep. So what did I do? I thought about that and ate another small piece the next day(at home). The same thing happened and I actually layed in the bed and went to sleep. CHOCOLATE OFFICIALLY MAKES ME SLEEPY.ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more chocolate for me. My body is now reacting to chcolate.

Comments/ When I tell some folks how much I use to weigh,(when they would call me tiny) I would say that I understand because I was 200 pounds myself. Typically I would get" you have got to be kidding". I say nope, I was caring alot of extra weight on me and I feel great. I still have some knee pain but not alot....very seldom actually.
One of my friends was concerned that I now have a eating disorder. I wanted to laugh because he knows nothing about me having surgery. All he knows is that I have been exercising and watching my portions.(of coarse I am still limited to alot of foods that I can't have because my taste buds have changed over the months) Anyhoo, I told him that I was fine and thank you for being concerned. I will eat more potatoes the next time I eat.(yeah right) I love him dearly and I know he cares but only certain individuals know that I had the surgery.

I plan to update with a pic soon. I can't find the cord to my camera. Again, I am very excited about my weight loss. I plan to get measurements for my next office visit with the Doc in June.

Until next time......
2CC

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Price S.
on 5/7/12 8:24 am - Mills River, NC
Thanks for the update.  Glad you are doing so well.  Hurray. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/7/12 8:37 am
Thanks.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

MajorMom
on 5/7/12 9:44 am - VA
Hey there! I'm so glad you're doing so well. Don't be a stranger, babeee!

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/7/12 12:03 pm
HI. Thanks. I will try harder to check the site. I hae been VERY busy with my daughter's upcoming high school graduation.

lerkhart
on 5/7/12 11:15 pm
Sounds like you are doing great!!  Congratulations.  I also have some foods that just kind of knock me out - great 15 minute nap!!

Congratulations to your daughter also.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/9/12 12:31 pm
That's funny. Thank you for the congrats about my daughter. We are very excited.
god bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 473 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views