Predisone BLAHHHS!~

graciesmommie
on 6/19/12 4:42 am
I have been on predisone for a few days now today I am feeling really depressed. Last night I had a great night with a dear friend we walked and talked for hours. We set out to exercise but stomped out alot of frustration. Today it is hot and humid. I went out for a little while it sent my rash into a fit. Between the predisone and benedryl I feel like I am having some serious blahhs. Anybody else experience blahs on predisone? Feel the water works coming on soon.~
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
paranoidmother21
on 6/19/12 8:28 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Absolutely! Blahs and bloating and emotions! You're having a typical reaction to it!

Hang in there, be nice to yourself, and a week or so after you go off the prednisone (your body needs to start making more cortico steroids to make up for what you're not taking any longer), things will improve!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

graciesmommie
on 6/19/12 8:40 am
Thanks so much for your post!~ I was beginning and my family was beginning to think I was losing it! I don't know when I have been this out of sorts. Is it magnified if you are ADHD. Dear Lord. Tomorrow I start with a lesser dose today is the highest. Beginning to wonder if I will ever return back to normal. I hate this. Hubby can't touch me. Kids are looking at me like I have 3 heads and I am itching like crazy. Not the way I wanted to start the summer. I had started exercising routinely again to the scales are going up not down. HOW DEPRESSING! I feel like I look like Eyore.... I have lost tigger and feel like Pooh.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
paranoidmother21
on 6/19/12 1:37 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
I'm glad they've got you an a declining dose - that'll make the transition off it easier.

Basically, the prednisone is to shock your system, which is why you start with a higher dose.  Then you ease back down, and things improve once you're off it and your body is producing it's own form.

Hang in there - and you may not want to weigh until a couple weeks after you're done with it!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Price S.
on 6/19/12 11:31 am - Mills River, NC
I was on steroids a couple of times with my knee and because it reduced the swelling, I felt great.  But benedryl knocks me out. 

Sorry you are having negative side effects from what is suppose to be helping.  Hope the itching slows down soon.  I hate poisen ivy!!!! 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views