Wow moment

graciesmommie
on 7/14/12 12:06 am
Yesterday I was at the opening ceremonies for my son's State Dixie Youth Tournament. It started down pouring. While under the tent I saw a lady was drinking a neat looking Isopure drink. I asked her if I could read the label. In talking to her I realized that she was just a few weeks out from surgery. I told her all about our board and what a great help it has been to me. Her son and my son will play against each other today in their first game. It was wonderful to meet her. She had been pouring her Isopure into some ice. She even asked if I wanted to try it. I poured a little in my cap of my water bottle it was actually really good. While talking she said she was struggling she has already hit a stall. I told her that it was probably her bodies way of being in shock from the surgery and it would end soon. While we talked she was talking about maybe not getting enough protein in. Lately I have been very busy teaching summer camp. Some days I don't even eat lunch until 130. I know that is a big no no. To go that many hours without something. I eat breakfast at 630 then nothing until 130. Not good. It is amazing how at that moment I realized I am truly not eating well. That is why I am stuck where I am. I have to shake it off and do better. I am 9 to10lbs heavier this summer than I was last summer. My husband keeps saying but Danielle last summer you had NO muscle tone at all this summer you are getting your shape back. You had hollow legs last summer now they look proportioned. You actually have a butt now last year you didn't have one. He thinks it is my body redistributing...I see it as FAT. Not sure who is right but I am getting very discouraged. Guess I have to start making protein a bigger priority. It was so funny how in talking to her we both had our share of wow moments. I began to realize just how much my husband supported me through all of this. With all my complications he has been right there especially early on. He was so supportive. I nearly died from a bowel obstruction 3 days after so he truly surrounded me with the love and support I needed. He flushed my tubes out, made me eat even when I didn't feel like I could, helped me put one foot in front of the other when I could hardly stand up beside the bed. My wow moment yesterday was looking out into the baseball field at my amazing husband. He looked so cute in his uniform. Realizing how much he has stood by me  and knowing I couldn't have done this without him was priceless. It has been almost 3 years since my surgery. I am healthier than ever and I truly have him, my OH friends and God to thank. May you all be blessed for being such a blessing to me.~
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Price S.
on 7/14/12 3:38 am - Mills River, NC
You are very lucky to have great support and the lady was very lucky to run into you and get your support.  I love your story. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ruxanby
on 7/14/12 8:07 am
this post is priceless...thanks for sharing!! 
Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Mama477
on 7/14/12 9:44 am
Always love I read your posts!!!! You wear it On your sleeve!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Lee ~
on 7/14/12 10:47 am - CA
 What a great post!  Thank you.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

loveoften
on 7/17/12 10:59 pm - Northshore of Chicago, IL
 WOW... that made me cry (joyfully).  No better feeling than being loved.
K.

HW=199 SW=195 GW=138....Height=5'5" Starting BMI=33.1
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views