UUUGGGHHH! Where is the balance? Maintaining is sooo hard!

graciesmommie
on 8/7/12 11:50 am
STRESS CARBING is sooo bad. I have definately fallen victim to this. I cannot seem to get back on the horse. OMG. I went to get my yearly pap smear/physical, etc. I am way up! 10 lbs from last year. UUUUGGGGHHH! Also found out that I my endometriosis is a lot worse. Dr. wants me to try Novasure procedure. He thinks peroid migraines are stemming from thickness of uterus and endometriosis. My kids have had alot of dental stuff done so my flex spending is gone. My stuff will have to wait at least 6 months. This summer has been awful! A lifelong friend lost his daughter. Left behind two small children. A newborn and 21/2 year old their father also died in the accident. I have worked every minute. Taught summer camp during the day, cheer practice in the afternoon and working Saturday nights as well. Not sure how to find a balance!~ I think I will start by calling it a night and trying to get more sleep tonight. My mom keeps telling me that I don't get enough sleep. Since Brian went to nights it has been a battle. She said you know studies show that if you aren't sleeping well you weigh more. You haven't slept in a year. I know mom I know.lol. Just trying to find the balance... trying to curb the carb monster! I feel like I need a massive intervention perhaps a kidnapping by the ya ya sisters of OH. Lol.
I can do this I will do this I have to do this. I cannot fail...failure is not an option!
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Price S.
on 8/7/12 12:32 pm - Mills River, NC
You are one of the strongest folks I know and I know you can do this.  School should be starting soon for you and maybe that will help get back in a positive routine.  It's hard but cold turkey seems to be the best way to decarb.  Try the 5 day pouch test.  Clean the carbs out of the house.  You can do this. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

dasie
on 8/7/12 8:09 pm
I could have attached your post to the bottom of mine that I wrote yesterday when I replied to the Sunday Weigh-In. 

I am up 5 pounds...carbs...stress eating.  There is no easy way out.  We know what we have to do.  Still...it is disappointing, overwhelming, scary, etc...to see the scale pop so quickly. 

lerkhart
on 8/8/12 1:53 am
Danielle,
You can do this.  Make yourself a priority like you did in the beginning.  You are worth it.
I agree with your mom, sleep is so important.  You have such a busy life I know it is hard!!

Please join us on the Menus & Miles everyday and the Sunday weigh in.  It really helps to have that little extra accountability.  Write down everything that you put in your mouth.  Are you doing protein shakes?  They continue to help me with the snacking between meals.  Are you walking on your treadmill?  Sometimes that will help you sleep better after a good workout.

Maintenance is so much harder than the losing phase.  I'm posting a weekly(may not be every week)  maintenance post - please join us on it.

Take care and you can do this!!

Linda 
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 8/8/12 3:12 am - Butler, PA
Stress can be handled a lot better if you get some sleep.  For awhile I had to take oneTylenol PM at night so I could sleep but now I'm sleeping pretty good without it.  I do feel better with more sleep. 

I had to cut carbs out too. I can't believe I let myself get caught in that trap.  For the longest time my body wasn't effected but then gradually the scale started moving up.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!  

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...