Xpost-3rd major goal in 12 wks!!!

Turtle Lynn
on 8/21/12 7:20 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I am exactly 12 weeks out today and am down to 187 lbs this morning, which was the lowest weight I reached after one year of having the LapBand!!!!!!  I went from 287 to 257 preop, than 257 down to 187 after getting my Band.  I maintained for a year before getting Plastic Surgery when it all blew up and went to hell and my road to regain started.  

I am down exactly 50 pounds in 12 weeks!!!!! (It took me 6 months to lose 50 lbs with the Lap-Band). 
I am so excited I can't even stand myself today lol

I bought a pair of jeans over the weekend, size 15 Juniors and I guess I should have tried them on because THEY WON'T STAY UP, even with a belt!!!!!!!!  Guess I need to try the 13's, which just totally blows my mind!  My 17 Junior, favorite jeans ever, are in the give away pile because they are just too big now. . . .this is so unreal!  

I can't find my gray skinnies, I wonder if my daughter stole them back lol   I am wearing an XL shirt in Juniors too, some XXLs which are a size 19 because I do still have some boobage that is a little much for some Junior styles, but it blows my mind that I am shopping now, off the rack, in the JUNIOR's section and the clothes not only fit but look nice on me!!!!!  

I'm still having the body dysmorphia where I see myself as much bigger than I am, plus I am solid as can be so I weigh heavier than I look.   I am starting to get the "you shouldn't lose any more weight. . .you will look sick" and "you look great you don't need to lose any more weight. . .you need a cheeseburger" comments. . .and I am just like OMG you are kidding me!!!  I am looking at people like they are off their rocker. . .I said to one person "really?!?!?  You have got to be joking. . . . . . .can you not see my thighs and stomach?!?!?"

I can't wait to see how low I can go. . .150, 140 and even 130 are looking very obtainable at the moment!!!!  I can't wait to go back to my surgeon in September and see what he has to say!!!!! 

I've hit 3 of my major goals so far, Onederland, -50 lbs and reaching 187 lbs. . .I just can't believe that it has happened so quickly!!!!

Loving my RNY!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Jody ***
on 8/21/12 7:24 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
 Wow - congratulations!  You're doing fabulous!

Enjoy the clothes shopping, but don't buy too many!  As you've found out, they won't fit for long.  Thrift stores/goodwill were my friends.  I bought a LOT of brand named clothing there during the weight loss, and even after I hit my goal.  

Go find those skinny jeans - you'll rock them!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 8/21/12 7:29 am - Butler, PA
Awesome!!!! 

I agree with Jody about the clothes!  I had a whole closet filled with clothes that were too big (from 22-6).  I also bought too many 2's thinking I would stay there but I've been in 4's for the last couple of years now.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Huneypie
on 8/21/12 7:34 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Congrats Lynn, I'm so happy for you! :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

lerkhart
on 8/21/12 7:37 am
WOW!!!  Sounds like you are doing great.  Shopping is such wonderful therapy.  I love it now.  Like Jody and Roz said, don't buy too much right now.  Your ride is not over yet.

Congratulations on your success so far.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Koko10
on 8/21/12 8:18 am - NC
Congratulations! Keep on going!!!
Price S.
on 8/21/12 9:06 am - Mills River, NC
I love hearing success stories.  Hang on   the wild ride continues. 

You have done great and it is very exciting.  Find some thrift stores because you will be needing to get rid of the old stuff and find some wonderful fun new clothes.  I loved it when folks said, you must have had to buy new clothes,  Yeah, about 5 times.  Now the fun is pulling out something from last year and being thrilled that it still fits. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Turtle Lynn
on 8/21/12 10:13 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Thank you ladies, I am super-excited today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Great advice about the clothes, I am starting to buy sparingly lol.  It's either that or
A) go nekkid (umm yeah, NO ONE wants to see that at the moment lol) or
B) walk around looking like I have a load in my drawers (ummm nope, not attractive either)

So, I bought the pair of jeans and 2 tops this weekend, and one was even a crop top and it looked good on me, which I kept running to the mirror to check and make sure lol. . .I drove everyone crazy. . .I was like, is my belly hanging out?!?!?  I keep forgetting that my belly (really more upper abdomen) though it is still a little flabby to me is really pretty flat (thank you previous tummy tuck). . . so everyone thinks I'm nuts because they don't see what I still see .

I have been waiting to hit the thrift stores (I have 2 by me) till I run out of clothes, and I am at that point now for summer clothes.  For Fall and Winter, I think I still have some 12s and 14s. . .I just have to find the tubs they are in (sigh). . .THAT should be fun......though I do still have plenty of 2x and 3x and even some 4x sweatshirts/hoodies that I could manage through the Winter in.  I used to live in hoodies. . .they are very forgiving and hide A LOT!  

I will definitely need more drawers though.  I really only have 3 pairs that actually fit me and don't fall off  

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 272 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 395 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 459 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 483 views