Ugghhh. . .my dinner didn't like me

Turtle Lynn
on 8/24/12 7:42 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I tried some pork and sauerkraut last night for the first time, and it feels like I have a bowling ball sitting in my pouch .  

Funny, I had no problems eating it!!!!

It hasn't come up, I think I would feel better if it had. . .blech!  No more pork and/or sauerkraut for me for a loooooooooooong time.  

Sipping coffee this morning, thinking the hot liquid will help and maybe wash whatever is in there through.  It has helped a little, I feel less queasy than I did this morning but this feeling sucks. Uggghhhhhhh. . . . . I wi**** would just go away already!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Jody ***
on 8/24/12 8:38 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
 Did you eat too much or too fast?  Usually when that happened to me, I'd have a "grouchy pouch' the next day - tender... had to baby it and eat softer, more gentler foods.

Yea... if you try it again, I'd do one or the other and see which one bothered you.  

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Turtle Lynn
on 8/24/12 8:54 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I'm thinking maybe I didn't chew it well enough, that sauerkraut kept wanting to just slide on through. . .and I also could have eaten a little too fast because I was REALLY hungry. 

I didn't even finish my serving (1/2 cup) as the pork filled me up pretty quickly.

I am also wondering if maybe the sauerkraut expanded in my pouch?!?  I don't know if it even does that, but I was okay while I was eating.  It wasn't until a while after that I started feeling crappy so I went and laid down.  

Ugghhhh either way, I won't be doing that again anytime soon, lesson learned! 

It's getting better as the day goes on.  The hot coffee seems to be helping.  I don't have that pressure now that I did when I got up at 6:30 a.m. this morning.  

I'm getting hungry now too so I am debating about scrambling an egg. . . . . . . .I'm afraid to try and eat lol.   

Price S.
on 8/24/12 9:01 am - Mills River, NC
Get some papaya enzymes to keep on hand.  It helps when you have something sitting like a rock in your tummy.  I guess I am lucky, I have a cast iron pouch, like I had a cast iron tummy but even then, I can manage to screw it up from time to time.  I would take it very easy today.  Eggs have always been ok for me but a lot of folks have problems with them so be careful there too.  All the cabbage family can cause problems for some folks.  then again, it could be a one time thing.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Turtle Lynn
on 8/24/12 9:20 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Thanks, Price!  I've heard of using the papaya enzymes, but I've never tried it.  Can't hurt to get some to keep on hand.  

Eggs are usually okay for me, I was thinking it's gonna be a "soft food" kinda day, maybe eggs, yogurt and protein drinks to give my poor pouch a break!  

This was a first, but certainly not something I want to repeat!

I think I'm going to stay away from the whole cabbage family and will re-try the pork again at a later time and see how that goes.  

See what happens when I try and "be good" and eat a vegetable lol. . .this confirms my theory that vegatables are the devil  . . . .I'ma just stick to string beans, them I can handle lol. 

Koko10
on 8/24/12 10:52 am - NC
I have this problem with almost everything. What I do is eat half of my serving and wait about 10 minutes. If it doesn't expand, I eat some more. I keep doing this until I'm finished or until I feel the signs of being full. I hardly ever finish a portioned out, cup meal. That feeling is AWFUL!!! Even Gas X takes time to work when I get that feeling.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

dasie
on 8/24/12 11:32 am
Do you use papaya enzymes.  I take them regularly after most meals that don't quite sit well.  If you've never used them, they might work for you.  My husband no longer uses Tums but has switched to papaya enzymes.

kat2
on 8/25/12 9:19 am - GA
RNY on 07/19/12
I'm 5 weeks out and had my one month post-op visit yesterday and was advanced to solids.  The nutritionist said that fish would be something good to try, so I took some tilapia, put some Chachere seasoning on it and pan cooked it.  I ate some of it and once it hit my stomach, I started having these awful bubbles and a boiling feeling so I stopped eating.  I have papaya enzymes but didn't think to take them but will in the future if something like this happens.  The horrible feeling kept going on and off and eventually what I'd eaten came back up.  This is the first time I've gotten sick and I don't want that to happen again!  I've done great on egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, cottage cheese but was told to progress to more solid proteins.  I just don't want to hurl again!  I'm not sure if it was the fi****self, maybe it was too spicy and I didn't eat too quickly.

Kateri
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 272 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 396 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 459 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 483 views