Got to get back to my ROOTS! Stress sucks!

graciesmommie
on 9/7/12 6:34 pm
I have accepted the job of my dreams but I am so stressed out right now trying to get into a groove.  I am not eating like I should. I cannot seem to fit in workouts. I am up at 5. I walk my puppy get ready, wake the kids and leave by 615. I have gone from a 7 minute commute to a 35-45 minute commute Lately I haven't been getting home until really late. I am exhausted and have no energy at all. Carb monster is working overtime. I have to find a new normal. Swing some lizards please.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
UBi FIT
on 9/7/12 6:41 pm
VSG on 08/06/12
Breathe...... It always works out.  
MajorMom
on 9/8/12 2:29 am - VA
I feel for you, I'm getting ready to jump into the same situation. I'll swing lizards for you and me both.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 9/8/12 2:37 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Yep, swinging critters for ya. Commuting sucks big time... hopefully having a great job will make up for that. I hope you get into a good routine with diet and exercise soon.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

graciesmommie
on 9/9/12 6:48 am
 That is my plan this week. Exercise at least 3 days, bring healthy lunch and snacks, and try to focus better.
Huneypie
on 9/9/12 11:46 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I just bought a pedometer as I need that extra push to make me take a walk when I don't feel like it. The fitbit looks like a good choice for people in the US (not so good for those outside IMO).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Roz !!!!
on 9/8/12 5:38 am - Butler, PA
 Is this yhe ART Teacher job?

You aren't alone with your struggles. Maintenance is harder than the honeymoon stage and there is a lot of us going through it. Buy some good protein snacks like jerky, turkey bites, cheese, etc. I know it's time consumming to plan ahead but it relieves a lot of stress when you don't have to think about what you are going to eat. 

I've been making things like salmon cakes, Pizza chips, and 1/4 cup servings of mixed nuts and putting them in the freezer in individual ziplock bags so all I have to do is grab them for my lunchbag in the morning. 

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

graciesmommie
on 9/8/12 7:30 am
 No Roz this is not the art teacher job. The Tuesday  after I moved to art I got a call from Dodea. I have applied every year. This is the first time I have heard anything. I interviewed on the phone and Wednesday at 2:30 and I had a job offer at 5:00. I was released from my school district on Thursday and filled out my paper work on Friday. I started work that Monday aboard Camp Lejeune. Good stress but stress no less. It has really sent my fibromyalgia into a tail spin! Not feeling good at all. Carb monster i****ting me at every angle going longer without eating too. Not good traps to fall into at all.

Kermit P.
on 9/8/12 6:30 pm
Prayers being sent! The DOD job should be good once you settle in.

Job stress has been hard for me too. I am eating healthy but more than I should. I also feel so exhausted lately that I have not been exercising like I was. I need to get back into a routine. I was so worn out after work one day I was walking my dog in my yard and just laid down in the grass. This isn't fatigue...just never get to stop all day at work and emotionally drained. Will try to start walking during my lunch break next week.

YOU are not alone...sending good thoughts your way!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
graciesmommie
on 9/9/12 6:47 am
 Thanks Jennifer. I know all about the complete exhaustion. I am trying to go to bed early this weekend and catch up on some of my rest so next week I can try harder to settle into a routine. I love my new job just trying to find my groove. It will all fall into place soon. I hope!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views