I think I can..I think I can!

graciesmommie
on 11/6/12 9:21 am
Almost 3 years out. This has been the hardest year yet! Today I am 8lbs higher than last year I wish someone would come up with a treadmill in the car! My commute is killing me. I have switched jobs. My commute seems to get longer every day. I am averaging 3 hrs a day in the car. When I get home I want... time with my family not the treadmill. After supper I was struggling with some work stuff. DH told me to put it down and go walk on the treadmill a while and I would ..figure ..it out. Not sure if it pissed me off more or hurt my feelings. He is working nights. By the time I got home had supper cleaned up the kitchen and started on my homework it was 8 o'clock he leaves at 9 for work. So the 45 minutes to an hour that we should have had as a family is now being eaten on this treadmill. I know he is trying to get me motivated so I don't gain my weight back. I CANNOT FIND THE BALANCE! Calgone take me away
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Price S.
on 11/6/12 11:43 am - Mills River, NC

It is never easy and it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.  At least walking will help with stress relief!!  Get help with the kitchen or get in family time while everyone works together.  Look for ways to sneak in exercise and to get the family to help.  Then share what is working with the rest of us who struggle with time issues also.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 11/6/12 8:41 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I hear ya on the commute.  Seems to eat away at the day, not even speaking about the stress it seems to add to your day.  

Get someone else to clean up dinner... you don't need an hour on the treadmill - just do 15 or 30 minutes.  Get your heart rate up - you'll better after even that amount.  Your 15-30 minutes can be very beneficial - just kick it up a notch!

Hang in there.. you'll figure it out!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

MacMadame
on 11/6/12 10:40 pm - Northern, CA

If you do HIIT, you definitely don't need 45 min. on the treadmill. You can burn as many calories in half that time and you'll burn more afterwards too.

But the main thing is to give yourself a break. You don't need to add to the stress of your life by beating yourself up for not being perfect!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

graciesmommie
on 11/7/12 11:11 am
What is HII?
Roz !!!!
on 11/7/12 1:45 am - Butler, PA

Did you give up teaching Art?  What are you doing now?

DH must be realizing that you are stressing over the extra pounds and not being able to find time to exercise.  He probably thought he was helping you out. 

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

graciesmommie
on 11/7/12 11:14 am
I actually got offered a job on base 3 days after I took the art position. The commute is tough but a lot more money. Treated like a professional for sure. Totally different world love it just not loving the commute. Ready to find a family, work, workout, balance.
hollykim
on 11/7/12 5:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Maybe let the kitchen clean up,the homework and even the treadmill wait until he leaves ffor work> you can do those things after he is gone and the kids are in bed.

Maybe make crop pot meals so the meal prep is less when u get home? Just a few thoughts,but IDK. Good luck

graciesmommie
on 11/7/12 11:15 am
Great ideas
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/12 6:31 am
RNY on 08/31/12

Just a crazy idea but I remember seeing something on TV recently of a treadmill or treadmill attachment (I can't remember) that allows one to have paperwork or laptop in front of them while they walk. Some businesses were using them. Google "treadmill desk" and you'll see them from $700 on up. Just a brainstorm idea.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views