Count Your Blessings

graciesmommie
on 11/21/12 4:12 pm
This neck pain is no fun but I will take it over where I was 3 years ago today. On Thanksgiving morning in 2009 I wasn't stuffing a turkey I was fighting for my life from a bowel obstruction after my gastric bypass that nearly killed me. I am so thankful that God placed the right doctors and people in my path that day. Most of all I am thankful for my dear husband that was my voice that day and in the weeks to come. I ca... n remember feeling like I was on the ceiling looking down at them operating on me. The Lord and I talked for what seemed like hours. Suddenly a nurse said Mrs. Murray I need you to breath. When I took that first breath I knew in my heart God had saved me. He wasn't finished with me yet. The recovery wasn't easy. I am left with a scar that looks like a stick figure on a cross. The doctor told me he felt bad about my scar. He said I could get it fixed if I wanted. I told him not to worry about it. It stands as a constant reminder that Jesus died so that I might live. Today be thankful for all that you have but also for all that you have gone through in your life. This builds your testimony and your spirit. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. We are all here for a reason and a divine purpose under heaven. Pray each day that you can fufill God's will in your life. I pray one day I can hear those sweet words..."Good job my good and faithful servant." Today appreaciate your health for if you have it you have everything.~Thank God for the blessings in your life.~I am truly thankful for all he has done in mine!~ Happy Thanksgiving my dear friends!~

Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/12 4:32 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

Wow. What a wonderful reminder of gratitude. Thank you.

Price S.
on 11/21/12 9:35 pm - Mills River, NC

Thanks for sharing.  I'm thankful for my surgery, my family and my life, even as crazy as it has been lately.  thanks for reminding me.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Huneypie
on 11/22/12 1:07 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Aw, it's great that you're so positive! :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views