I am tired of lurking

walterswife
on 12/20/12 6:22 am

Hello everyone,

After three years of lurking I am ready to change my status. to be an active member of this forum. I read the posts on this forum almost daily and have done so since 2009.  However, initially I thought that I would not be able to keep up with the main board, Georgia board and RNY board.  I think I was mistaken.  I am also disappointed that so many of the vets from the other boards when I first joined OH seem to have vanished.  The GA board has been in the ICU for the past 1-1/2 years or so.

I appreciate how close you are as a group and how you support one another on an individual basis.  I admire that.  Therefore, i will no longer be a lurker.

Now I do have a question.  I notice that some of you regularly drink the Lemon Iced Tea protein.  I ordered some a few weeks ago but was a little disappointed.  I thought that perhaps I am not mixing it in the right proportions (maybe too much or too little protein or water).  Do you have any suggestions?  I have not been able to tolerate any of the protein shakes since surgery(used that awful tasting fruit flavored Isopure for a couple of months following surgery) but would love to have a "go to" protein drink, especially if I am running low on protein towards the end of the day.  Can you give me any suggestions?

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

southernlady5464
on 12/20/12 6:29 am

Glad you came out of lurkdom! I've seen your posts on the main board on occasion.

As far as the Lemon Ice Tea protein...I tried it once,,,not my cup of "tea". This southerner needs her tea and a tea flavored protein just didn't suit, LOL. Hope someone else can answer that.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

walterswife
on 12/20/12 11:28 am

Thanks Liz. I am awaiting the suggestions from the lemon tea fans. I need to make it work.  I really don't want this entire tub to go to waste.

MajorMom
on 12/20/12 6:48 am - VA

I think I've seen you post too. Welcome!  

I like the creamy protein shakes and coffees. My favorites are Syntrax Nectar chocolate and strawberry.

I add extra cinnamon and Truvia to the vanilla and pour coffee over top. I use 1/2 & 1/2 or cream with a little water, add the scoop of protein, shake, and pour the coffee over top.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

walterswife
on 12/20/12 11:37 am

Thank you Gina.  I don't normally drink coffee.  My husband drinks enough for the entire neighborhood.  I tried to add shakes to the coffee early out and did not like the taste.  I think it's time for me to try it again.  What seemed so sweet thee years ago might be much more tolerable now.

Price S.
on 12/20/12 7:03 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome.

I love lemon tea.  I use a half scoop with a packet of crystal light, usually mango peach or peach tea, and 32oz of water/ice.  I am fine with a whole scoop too but this way I can do more.  I put about a cup of water in my bottle, add the crystal light and powder, stir with a spoon, add ice/water slowly and it won't foam.  I also like Caribean cooler fixed the same way.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

walterswife
on 12/21/12 8:45 am

Price, thank you and thank you for the lemon tea suggestion.  I can't wait to try these out.

lerkhart
on 12/20/12 7:47 am

Hi,

I haven't talked to you in a while.  Hope you are doing good.  I have not even looked at the Georgia board in several months.  This is my main support board and I love it.

Are you doing any jogging/walking now?  I pretty much quit for a while.

I love the Lemon Tea Protein.  I put a lemon tea crystal lite in a 16-20 oz water bottle and mix it good.  Then I pour some of this in a blender bottle, put a scoop of the protein powder in and mix until it is dissolved - if you shake it with the wire inside you will get lots of foam.  You can stir it to mix it or use a small hand held battery operated mixer.  When that is mixed in good, I add crushed ice and then pour the rest of the water/crystal lite on it.  I love it!! 

Glad you are doing so good. 

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
walterswife
on 12/21/12 8:58 am

Hello Linda,

Yes it has been awhile.....I think we last communicated in late June, right before the Peachtree Road Race. Considering my lack of regular training this year, things went well with the race..  Although it was hot, I didn't feel the heat as much as I did the year before.  Possibly it was because  it was cloudy and the sun was not beating down like the year before.  I was with some friends who just took their good old time and I didn't want to leave them behind (especially since they had waited for me at the start of the race).

I am doing well.  Looks like things have been going well with you also.  I am on and off with the walking too.  aIt has gotten so cold now so any excuse will do.  We have a 24 hour fitness close to my house.  I think I am going to join there and that way I have no reason not to be regular.

I walked a 5k about 6 weeks ago.  Had another one scheduled for Thanksgiving Day but wound up leaving town.  I have registered for another 5k on New Year's Day so hopefully the weather won't e too ad then.

I have never tried the CL Lemon Tea.  I have tried some of the other flavors (raspberry lemonade and a few others) and almost choked.  I will try one of those this weekend.

With all of the good suggestions I have received, hopefully I can find a few that I like.

Celeste

hollykim
on 12/20/12 9:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Welcome. I mix the lemon tea and other fruity flavors in 8 ounces of water in the blender bottle and stir with a fork gently. i then put the 8 ounces in a 32 ounce bottle and fill with water. this dilutes it just enough that it is not overpowering. It will be a little cloudy and don't let that alarm you.

G

L

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views