Calories??

graciesmommie
on 3/23/13 8:54 pm
Maintaining has been a tough journey for me. I was wondering on average how many calories do you take in a day? How much protein? Water etc? Got to get this boat back on course!
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
MajorMom
on 3/23/13 9:03 pm - VA

I don't think you want to hear mine.  MyFitnessPal gives me fits unless I set my own goals. The DS malabsorption and doing low carb instead of calories and fat, drives it nuts.  ;-)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 3/23/13 10:12 pm - Mills River, NC

I have been trying to get a few pounds back off and have actually been tracking again.  I have been around 1100-1300 calories, 160 protein, at least 80 oz fluid.  but the scale has only bounced, not really moved.  My last Surgeon appt they did a body scan and said my base calorie burn was 1100.  But I do zumba1-2x a week, muscle pump 2x a week and all my farm stuff.  So I would think that 1100, 1300 would make the scale go down eventually.  they are going to have a scan at the gym in a week or so and I am excited to see what that one says because although I have gained some weight, I have been working out more than I was when the last one was done.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

melizabeth
on 3/24/13 1:10 am - CA

I too us My Fitness Pal to track my calories, protein and exercise etc.  My calorie intake is 1200 per day.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Kermit P.
on 3/24/13 3:46 am

Price, what kind of scan is your gym getting?   I would love to have one of those body fa****er scales done as the one you stand on or hold onto ALWAYS says that I have a high fat content and low fluid which I now is not valid as I have lipedema which affects my lymph system and therefore I have a lot of retained water.  I often eat 1500 calories a day and this may also be why I am having trouble with maintenance ( REALLY struggle with hunger).  I would love to know what type of scan your gym will be getting as I have asked several places and no one around here has the water kind.  I do exercise a good bit but need to increase so I dont gain.  Arggghhh!!

As far as protein I usually get in at least 120 grams a day and between 60-100 oz fluid, not counting my caffeinated coffee in AM.

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Price S.
on 3/24/13 6:37 am - Mills River, NC

it isn't the water kind but one you stand on.  I don't think it will belong to the gym but our muscle pump class and a couple of other classes will have use of it for a few weeks/classes.  It is suppose to be like the one they use at Duke and very reliable but we will see. 

At 124, according to BMI, I am overweight.  I'm not sure how I can eat any less, fewer carbs or exercise any more.  I will be happy to see where I am.  I hope I can find my printout from the last time to see if my body fat has changed.  I'd love for it to be muscle instead but I think that is wishful thinking.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lauren B.
on 3/24/13 6:33 am - Suffolk County, NY

I recently got back on track. Using my fitness pal app on my iPhone to track everything. On average I've been able to get to 1200 calories on average, 160g protein, and 60g of carbs.

Hope this helps.

RNY 8/27/09 SW: 250 LW: 170 CW: 175 On the right path again!!!  

35 pounds of regain!!! 30 lost!!! Just a little more to go.

Kermit P.
on 3/24/13 8:08 am

Thanks Price!  I have used the standup one via Park Ridge's health van and I don't believe it is accurate but then maybe I am in denial.  It makes me feel a little better that tiny you is also "overweight" according to BMI.  I hate BMI.  I TRY to remember how fit I am but it is frustrating as I was a slow loser and am struggling with small regain.  I havent touched sugar, bread or pasta since surgery....and have low carbed it (something I NEVER thought I could do presurgery).  I am trying to change one of my afternoon snacks to a decaf coffee and see if that helps. I also continue to work on the emotional hunger part too.  I knew this would be a struggle for life and I try to remember to not judge myself to harshly.  I FEEL huge yet last night saw my reflection in the mirror and saw that I am not.  I just hate all the obsessing.  I also am very curvy, still with breasts, etc so I guess my body doesnt want to be super thin....I am Italian after all!!  lol.

~~Jennifer

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views