weight loss stoped

finaly4me79
on 4/22/13 1:02 am

Hey everyone. I am 18 days out from my WLS and I was losing weight fast 2 pounds a day for the first week. Then it stopped, I don't know what else to do I have put on 2 pounds over the past week and I am starting to get worried that like everything else I have tried for weight loss this didn't work either. For sure getting that why did I do this to myself feeling.

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

Suzi S.
on 4/22/13 1:10 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 01/14/13

I think this is normal.  I read about many folks who had a stall of sorts at 3 weeks.  Just make sure you are hitting your protein and liquid requirements.  Exercise as much as you can at this point and try to relax.  I'm sure the weight loss will continue shortly. 

I'm actually in a bit of a stall too, but I'm just trying to make sure I follow the rules and have faith that it will all work out. 

Good luck!

Suzanne

RNY:  1/14/2013, HW:  220, SW: 207, CW:  182.8, GW:  125

Roz !!!!
on 4/22/13 1:44 am - Butler, PA

I read over your profile trying to figure out what surgery you had but the only thing I could find was that you went to an RNY  meaning years ago so and I am guessing that's what you had.  If you could post your surgery type and date on your information page or in your signature  that would be helpful.

You are probably going through a stall.  After days of doing the optifast  and then having surgery your body just needs to rest.  Did you take your measurements?  Usually during a stall is when you loose inches.  The weight gain could be swelling. Watch your salt intake.

A lot of us get the "why did I do this to myself feeling" and it's perfectly normal.  I never had any second thoughts about having WLS but boy did it hit me the week after surgery and I was an emotional wreck for a few weeks.

Don't spend so much time worrying about the scales.  If you follow the program the Surgeon gave you the pounds will come off.  Get in your Protein and fluids, eat small meals (measure), walk, and then exercise when your surgeon releases you for it.

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 4/22/13 5:46 am - Mills River, NC

First, take a deep breath.  If you are following your program, it will work.  Many, many folks have stalls at around 3 weeks.  Get your fluids in, get your protein in and don't worry about the rest.  Put the scale away. Take your measurements, take a walk, breathe.  You will be fine.  It will work. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

italianspice
on 4/22/13 11:01 am - Eastlake, OH

Hang in there, that rapid weight loss in the beginning was probable a lot of fluid from surgery. Follow your program and the rest will follow.

Keep sipping and moving.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...