gone for far to long...I need you guys...

LucysJourney
on 5/3/13 9:37 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey all,  My life has finally caught up with me and I had a small crash last week.  I am better now, but do to the inability to have a BM I allowed myself to dehydrate to the point of feeling awful.  I gathered up myself and started slurping down the water and by the end of the day I was much better.  I am still struggling with constipation ( I just can't find a ****tail that works for me) but will keep trying. 

I am still doing really well with eating and down to 184 lbs.  I have been at 184 since my 3 month check up on the 22nd of April, but with the crash and constipation issues I have NOT been doing ANY exercising.  UGHH  I vow to get back on that treadmill or suck it up and walk at lunch time (instead of shopping ).

I started my new job 3/18/13 and I have been all over the place with my schedule.  I am a creature of routine and I am having difficulties getting one set up and sticking to it...I love my new job...dislike immensely my 45 minute (one way) commute.  I get up at 5-5:30 am M-F and leave the house between 6-6:30.  I leave work 5-6:30 and get home around 6:30-7:30 and I am exhausted and can do little more than eat something take my shower talk a bit to my son...love on my neglected doggies...oh and hubby...then go to bed at 9 to start all over again the next morning.  It wears me out.  I think the only time I have to get my walk in is lunch...ugh...then back to work all sweaty because there are no showers at work.  (I know..babywipes and deodorant...) just excuses. 

My body has changed dramatically...and I get huge gasps from friends who haven't seen me in a few months...then it is all big smiles (because they have seen first hand, my struggles to lose weight) and congrats all around.

All my family issues are still here, and it is up to me only (because I am in charge) to find a resolution.  I can't seem to get to one without having to go through some kind of confrontation and I abhor confrontation.  I know I can do it, but it is hard to spare the energy it will take to get through THAT emotional battle. {{{sigh}}}

Good news:  I have a week long vacation coming up in two weeks (first real vacation since this time last year).  I get to go away from all my problems, get a bit of perspective, come back and kick butt.

Love all you and thanks for listening...always so nice to lighten the load with people who get my plight.

~~ Lucy

Huneypie
on 5/4/13 12:10 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Oh dear - your schedule sounds just like mine (same sort of to bed and get up times).  I gotta say that it seems better now that we have longer days and I hope it's the same for you.

Yep I think lunchtime walks are the way to go.  I recently replaced my pedometer so it's time to get back on track.

Have you tried Miralax for your constipation?  Hopefully some RNYers will chime in with some of their remedies.  IIRC Roz said popcorn helps her (just a 100 calorie size portion).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

LucysJourney
on 5/4/13 7:45 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thx Huneypie...my days off are Sat & Sun...usually..sometimes I work a few hours on Sat as well.  Today wasn't one of those days...so YES..I got on my treadmill for 30 really strong walking minutes and wala...I had a wonderful burst of energy, got 3 dogs bathed and clipped...swept all my hardwood floors...wash two loads of laundry...and went shopping...I love to shop now...

I am going back to Miralax...I hope that works better for me than Benefiber...

I am really going to try my lunch time walks...we have a beautiful walking park right next to the plant I work at so I really have no reason not to...

~~ Lucy

Huneypie
on 5/4/13 10:53 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Go you - I think I'm gonna have to get my butt in gear and do Shaun T... or some yoga if I wimp out of that.

You sound like you're doing great post exercise! kiss

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

italianspice
on 5/4/13 12:35 am - Eastlake, OH

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know I work long hours too, I left the house yesterday at 0615 and came home at 2045.

I have learned to pack my water bottle with my crystal light, make sure I am drinking on my commute.

I also have to make a dedicated effort at work to get some liquids in.

It takes time and planning to get a routine going, so keep at it.

As for the constipation, I have been there, especially after starting prescription iron supplementation. Almost ended up in the ER, but thank goodness for Fleets enemas, sorry tmi.

I use miralax every day sometimes twice if needed. I take magnesium citrate 400mg with my calcium supplements 3 times a day. I use a probiotic daily. I also use Metamucil on my days off when I know I can drink all my liquids.

The walk will help too, the activity keeps the bowel moving a little better.

Good luck, I know Vitalady had a lot of bowel issues postop and posted her regimen.

~Maria

LucysJourney
on 5/4/13 7:52 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey Maria, I try to use my commute time to really hydrate.  45 minutes is a great time to slurp down 20 oz of liquid, I just have to be careful cause there are no potty stops along the way.

I keep 3 - 16 oz bottles of water on my desk to remind me they all need to be gone by the time I leave work...most days it really works to.  I also find the warmer it gets the more I like to drink clean fresh cool water.  Still at 3 months out I can't take really cold drinks...except protein smoothies...I LOVE THOSE.

Just a few days ago I had to drink 10 oz of Magnesium citrate just to get my bowels to move...and already I am feeling stopped up again...I am switching over to Miralax today...I hope that works better than the benefiber I have been taking.  Oh well ... I will find the magic soon...

~~ Lucy

Lauren B.
on 5/4/13 2:13 am - Suffolk County, NY

Lucy,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling. It sounds though that you are trudging along, so good for you!!. I've got some constipation issues because of the iron supplement. I just keep the liquids up.

Have a great weekend.

Lauren

RNY 8/27/09 SW: 250 LW: 170 CW: 175 On the right path again!!!  

35 pounds of regain!!! 30 lost!!! Just a little more to go.

LucysJourney
on 5/4/13 7:54 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Lauren,  My weekend is already turning out to be pretty great.  I was able to get on my treadmill and take a strong 30 minute walk and it has made me feel so energetic. 

~~ Lucy

A. Kondrlik
on 5/4/13 2:57 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I do so much better with water on days I work because I am in a routine.  Weekends I get busy and forget to drink.  I thin the solution is routine, routine, routine. 

For my constipation I have just started probiotics and have been taking metamucil (walmart brand) 2 tsp in 1 1/2 cups water every evening.  I'm stiill not where I want to be in that area., I am going to try to increase my water to 3 liters a day and see if that does it.Have you ever tried smooth move tea from Celestial  seasonings?  I hear it works well.

Doesn't it feel great when people really start noticing your weight loss. It makes it real.  I have just started looking at my body and being able to tell MYSELF that I am smaller. My arms and legs (and boobs) are looking tinier.  My face is less full (unfortunately I now have a neck wattle I didn't have before. Oh well

have a great day

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

LucysJourney
on 5/4/13 7:57 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey Anne,  I had to chuckle out loud because I too have lost my boobs...lol.  I get a bit embarrassed when my friends gush over my weight loss.  They are just so happy for me...and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I would like to.  Maybe one day I won't have to work so hard and get to play just a bit more.

~~ Lucy

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views