crossing over again .....

browneyedDeeva
on 5/12/13 9:56 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hey guys,
i just wanted to let you know i had my bypass on may 3rd. when my dr went in he sasid my whole stomach was dilated it was a mess . so rather try to trim things up it would have been too much he vouched for the bypass . the hospital i stayed at was amazin "Robert Wood Johnson" in nj they kept me an extra day as my bp was very low and i wa son oxeygen also i couldnt pee so they put a cather in eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek gotta tell ya this surgery kicked my ass maybe its my age i dunno here im thinking i was going back to work in 4 days .what the heck was i thinking? lolol so i had my surgery on fri 3rd and im going back to work today may 13 . yesterday was the real test in getting dressed makeup check hair check went to mass then to visit a aunt in the nursing home . as soon as i got home i was exhausted lolol. im so nervous i wont get through today . since my pre diet april 23 till last fri 10th ive lost 15.4 . i wanted to thank you girls very much for answering any of my questions that i needed to be addressed. my incisions were closed with dermabond last time 3 years ago they were stutured and kept ripping open i wonder why lolol . anyway ,if there are any bypassers that can give me any tips pleaseeeeeeee i can sure use them . one of my main questions is what type of meds do you take if for say you have a simple headache crushing pills is eeeeeeeeeeek also do you think they have chewable cholestrol pills? mine are big and refuse to crush eeeek . im on my 2nd phrase full liquids if i ever see a cup of broth again im gonna dieeeeeeeeeee loll have a great day evetyone ,
see ya lighter

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Candy V.
on 5/12/13 10:18 pm, edited 5/12/13 10:18 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I cant believe you are going back to work so soon.  You are superwoman in my opinion.  I was off a full 2 weeks then reduced my hrs for over another month.  I have a script for headaches called fioricet (SP)  tastes nasty crushed, but they all do.  I dont take cholesterol pills so cant help there.  As soon as you can swallow them it should be ok.  Take it slow, concentrate on fluids and protein. 

My best tips for you are find some shakes you like.  I drink premier protein premade chocolate shakes from Sams club and Syntrax nectars from the internet.   I also found a vitamin/mineral/calcium drink mix I love.  It took me forever to get a vitamin routine so I will share what works for me, but make sure you are at least getting what your surgeon suggests.  I would hightly recommend getting a med organizer.  It  makes you feel old but it helps. lol

Daily I have 2  multi vitamin/mineral/calcium drinks from celebrate vitamins in citrus flavor (I hate the other flavors)
this covers my 2 multivitamins and 1000mg of calcium citrate

daily I take a SL B12 a stool softener and another 500mg calcium citrate (as a calcet creamy bite or chews)

3x a week (M-W-F) I take a B50 complex and a 50K D3 (D3 is from vitalady.com)

Edited to add- and my iron chewable every evening befor bed

plus my scripts

Hope this info helps you out

Candy

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

browneyedDeeva
on 5/14/13 1:37 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
thank you so much Candy ,
i am a very hyper person i usually bounce off the walls so this has got me real down
i am a manager at a boutique and going back to work yesterday omg i was so overwhelmed and ive been so emotional i was scheduled to work to 530 and i decided to leave at 4 i went home to bed and slept for 3 hours lol . thank God my regional director understands although he donest know what i had . i just said muscle repair and hernia lol xoxoxoxoox

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Price S.
on 5/13/13 2:22 am - Mills River, NC

So sorry you are having to go through all this again but hopefully you are all fixed this time.

Dr took me off cholesteral meds when I had surgery.  I mean like that day, no test or anything so I can't imagine a little while without it will matter.

I remember being so ready for each diet phase change.  Remember to get your protein in.  It will help you feel better and heal.

go to bed when you get home.  Get your rest so you can do it again tomorrow.  I was in bed at 8:30 for months. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

browneyedDeeva
on 5/14/13 1:41 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
thank you so much Price,
im glad you said about the cholestrol im going to wait a little more . im getting my protein shakes in for sure . i cant wait till last phrase where i can eat food lolol
xoxoxoxoxoxo

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

TracyMarsh
on 5/13/13 2:42 am
Revision on 04/19/13

Hi. I don't know what you had before? I had lapband and just switched to bypass on April 19. I am still so tired I wouldn't be able to go out of the house to work. Fortunately my work is in home, and even then it's so hard. After having lapband surgery I, too, expected to jump up and go right after surgery. NO WAY. I have been surprised by how slow recovery has been. You are not alone. I posted a similar post about myself. I got lots of great responses (newbie more questions). 

I hope your work isn't too hard and you can come home and just go to bed as someone suggested. Be super careful and take care of yourself. I overdid it this weekend with 2 wild grandkids over all weekend and I ended up shaking and crying. I just couldn't do it. And thats not a good feeling. We have to accept our temporary weaknesses. We WILL be back in fighting shape soon!!!!! Tracy

browneyedDeeva
on 5/14/13 1:44 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hi Tracy,
3 years ago i had a vsg done by Almanza it wasnt done correctly so this past may 3rd i went to a bypass i hear ya on the tiredness i dont like what im feeling this is not me i am a boutique manager (retail) so its not a sit down job blahhhhh omg i can understand the shaking and crying my legs are wobberly thank you
hope you too get back with it soon xooxoxox

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Jody ***
on 5/13/13 11:30 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Glad to hear it went well... just take it easy.  Drink your fluids.  I don't take Cholesterol meds so I can't help you there, but you may ask your Dr if you have to stay on them. 

My surgery kicked my butt too.  I was off for 4 weeks, felt like I could have went back after 3.  Only reason I didn't was because I was in a different state. 

Remember - no NSAIDs.  Tylenol for headaches.  They make a liquid one.  Try to find chewable vitamins.  Pills this early out, IMO, isn't a good idea. 

Congrats on the 15 lbs! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

browneyedDeeva
on 5/14/13 1:48 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
thabnk you so much Jody,
duh me what is Nsaids again? i saw they make a liquid tylonel but its is in childrens form blah so i take a double dose the vits i got are liquid it suppose to have everything i need so i have been using that
thank you
xooxxoxoox

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Barbi468
on 5/14/13 3:01 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12

I too had mine at Robert Wood Johnson in NJ. I didn't have as nice a stay. No one told me when to increase my fluids or kept track, they started me off with it but never kept track, never checked on me, my doctor got mad because my leg blow up things weren't on when I got in bed, the nurses never checked and when they did come in they didn't care they weren't on. I was in too much pain from a torn muscle I didn't think about it. Twice my IV ran out and Twice it took over an hour before they would change the empty bag. All the while the machine buzzing, I knew how to turn it off and I would, I didn't want to be a bother but I think it messed up my IV in my hand. It swelled up awful.

The night of my surgery, They brought me CHOCOLATE CAKE! it was a mistake, for the woman in the room next to me, than later that night, they came to check my blood sugar, again, got me mixed up with the woman in room next door. The following morning, again, another nurse came to take my blood surgar, again I told them they got me confused with the woman next door. By this time I was a pro.

I wound up having a bad coughing fit, feeling like I was tearing my incisions out too. I have asthma so I get them sometimes, it lasted about an hour or so, the nurse never came in to check on me. She told me the next morning that she heard me but sounded like I had it under control. SMH

It was the most awful experience of a hospital stay in my life and I have had several hospital stays.

I had to stay an extra night because I never progressed on my fluids.

I am glad your experience was so well though. And going back to work so soon, wow, you are a power woman. I was due to go back after 4 wks but I had torn muscle that took longer to heal and I was so uncomfortable. But I wanted to stay home while I was trying different foods and seeing what agreed with me and what didn't. I didn't want to go back to work throwing up anything or feeling like I just wanted to lay down because something didn't agree. Thats just me though. I am a baby with that sorta stuff.

sorry didn't mean to rant. :) Just my experience.

I did feel so much better after the 4th week.

Good luck . :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 490 views