I Was Bad

Poodle_Mom
on 6/25/13 7:11 am - Sacramento, CA
RNY on 12/06/12

Okay, I was bad and now I'm paying the price.

I got to work today without lunch and snacks I had packed this morning.  So I went to the cafeteria in my building and had some turkey and cheese from the sandwich bar.  But that didn't satisfy me, so I had some popcorn that a co worker offered.  Now I'm salivating, feeling sick and just want to lay down and sleep.  Seriously wish I could go home or something. 

I have done the salivating thing before with nuts and so I quit eating them. 

Not sure what is going on, but I've dumped a couple times and this doesn't feel like that.  Maybe someone has some help for me.

Some days it just isn't worth getting out of bed,

Susan

5'6" HW: 285/ Surgery weight: 265/ GW: 145  

Price S.
on 6/25/13 7:48 am - Mills River, NC

We call it foamies.  I have done it a few times, hate to admit it takes more than once to not do it again.  So the first 2 times was with steak that I didn't chew well enough and ate too fast.  The last time was dinner out and I just flat ate too much.  I was eating fast because I was hungry when I left home and it took them forever.  It was chicken and something, don't even remember what.  I wanted to die.  That time I ended up throwing up which is the first time since WLS I have thrown up. 

It's hard to tell if it was that the popcorn was too much or that you just reacted to it.  Sometimes it happens with a food you have had before that just doesn't sit right this time.  I would definately stay away from popcorn for a while. 

It does set up on our butt and make us pay attention again.  You won't forget your food for a while I'm sure!!!  Hope you feel better soon.  Last time, I came home, threw up and went to bed.  Didn't get up until the next morning.  What a waste of an evening.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Poodle_Mom
on 6/25/13 8:15 am - Sacramento, CA
RNY on 12/06/12

AHH, so this is the foamies.  You're right, no more popcorn.  I will definitely make sure I have my food with me from now on.

I've had a mild form of this a couple times when I've had to eat out.

We live and we learn,

Susan

5'6" HW: 285/ Surgery weight: 265/ GW: 145  

MarthaMyDear
on 6/25/13 9:33 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13

I hate when this happens it always telling me to slow down and then I am wondering what did I do wrong this time. after looking over what I ate, how I ate it or was it too soon from the last eat/drink. One of these days I gotta remember what to do and what not to do its when I am not thinking that I get my self into trouble. Hope you are feeling  better!!

Candy V.
on 6/25/13 8:25 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Yep sounds like foamies.  I HATE those!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Lauren B.
on 6/26/13 1:27 pm - Suffolk County, NY

Be careful about labeling yourself as bad! You had an experience and learned something from it. Nothing wrong with that. We put so much pressure on ourselves after surgery. The last thing you need to do is beat up on yourself.

RNY 8/27/09 SW: 250 LW: 170 CW: 175 On the right path again!!!  

35 pounds of regain!!! 30 lost!!! Just a little more to go.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views