Need input-out almost 3 months-having some problems.

TracyMarsh
on 7/12/13 7:22 am
Revision on 04/19/13

Price, thanks for your reply. I got some labs done today and I got a B12 shot after labs. I am going there from now on for shots, then I don't have worries about absorption. He didn't think my mouth issue is related to vitamins, just as one of you said, it is too soon for that kind of thing to show up. He said he thinks it's a low grade fungal infection and told me to get lamasil, which is for athletes foot!! and use on my mouth. He seemed pretty sure and he said as we age we become more susceptible to this. WE will see! how that goes. Then I went to GNC and got new vitamins that cover the B vitamins. 

I did have the lapband for 4 years prior to bypass, so I am very used to eating slowly and chewing well. My doc said to try and eat 1 cup of food per meal, 3 times per day. Is that the same as most of you?? It is hard to get in a cup of food at times. Drinking with eating is a problem I am working on. When food is too dry I have an issue. Trying to just take a tiny sip if anything at all now. With my band, I couldn't eat fast or eat big bites because I would immediately throw it back up. I had a hard time eating any solids with the band. My doc thinks I have esophageal dismotility, which I need to get a better handle on what that is. But that is why he said I should have bypass instead of Sleeve or band. 

I am excited to be starting this new life of taking really good care of my body. Getting off narcotic pain meds is a blessing I never saw coming! And once I get this new tool figured out I should be good. I think I get nauseous from taking vitamins on an empty stomach too. I always did get that and now, my stomach is probably empty much more often than before! Plus it is so much smaller. So getting things in order will help. 

Price S.
on 7/12/13 7:58 am - Mills River, NC

My Dr had different ideas.  We did tiny meals, many times a day for months.  It worked well for me.  I still  have 4 meals a day, plus my protein drinks and don't eat more than 1.5c a meal and I am almost 3 yrs out.  I think a cup 3x a day wouldn't not have worked for me.

Try cooking your protein with sauces or in the crock pot.  Dry stuff is hard sometimes even now.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

bhans530
on 7/12/13 7:39 am

Thank you for writing your post.  I too have been having the same issues following eating. I did figure out I was eating to fast, so I am working really hard to slow down.  I was just really confused about the hot flashes = I am post menopausal and haven't had them in awhile. Good luck with your problems.

RNY 5/20/13 surg wt 233   5'9" HW 258 CW183

TracyMarsh
on 7/12/13 7:53 am
Revision on 04/19/13

Thank you for sharing. Yes I am getting hot flashes many times per day not necessarily with or around eating??? Are your hot flashes just after you eat too fast or any time? I am ten years past menopausal too. Tracy

bhans530
on 7/12/13 10:34 am

I  get them right after I eat.  I am sweating and uncomfortable for about 10 minutes then every thing slowly goes back to normal.  I thought it was so strange, so I was relieved to know I wasn't the only one.

RNY 5/20/13 surg wt 233   5'9" HW 258 CW183

TracyMarsh
on 7/12/13 1:55 pm
Revision on 04/19/13

Testing to see if my ticker is fixed. Tracy

TracyMarsh
on 7/12/13 2:00 pm
Revision on 04/19/13

This ticker thing is bugging me. I have two old tickers with wrong info that keep appearing. Why two? Why old ones that I deleted from my profile? I recreated one with right info and that one hasn't shown up at all. I have deleted these old tickers and they don't show up on my profile but still show up on posts. Only when I say not to include my signature do they not appear!!! Tracy

TracyMarsh
on 7/12/13 2:05 pm
Revision on 04/19/13

Please disregard the last few posts of mine. I did finally figure it out! I had to go to my "message boards" tab and change it there! 

A. Kondrlik
on 7/12/13 10:40 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

I am almost 6 months out, and one thing I have learned is that this is a learning process. Take the good (and not so good) advice from these boards  and direction from your surgeon and nut to find a path that works for YOU. I am still figuring things out.  I have trted different things and decided I needed to try something else. I have been up and down with carbs and proteins, water has slowly increased, I have stopped protein drinks then started them again,  I have gradually been adding to my supplements, changed the number and times of snacks.In the meantime the weight is falling off. Embarassingly this week I think I finally found something to help my constipation. (Senna S  hooray). What I am saying is YOU WILL GET THERE.  Coming of long term pain med use is tough, and I really admire you, that one thing will help your health so much.

I am VSG so I haven't had any dumping, but do make sure you are taking small bites and chewing slowly. I Always eat protein first. then veggies, or fruit.  I have chosen to stay away from bread and pasta for now. I do eat a little oatmeal and beans.

I bet you dr is right about the fungal infection of your lips, I have heard of that before.

What I am saying to you is keep up the good work, you will get there. there is alot to figure out.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

TracyMarsh
on 7/13/13 7:15 am
Revision on 04/19/13
Ann thank for the feedback. I am in the same place you are just learning what works.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views