Confused!!!!

Kelly W.
on 7/12/13 7:56 am - WA

I just hit 5 years Jul 9th which is great!  I had lbl and breast lift and augmentation last June which was also great!  I have now started exercising and running 3 to 4 miles 5 to 7 times a week, but now am having problems controlling my blood sugar.  I just don't know what to do!  Feel like I am doing the right things but now passing out, having the shakes etc.  Went back to doctor and have low blood sugar!  Any suggestions.  Just feel discouraged.  I am happy that I am keeping my weight off but really want to feel good!

Price S.
on 7/12/13 9:20 am - Mills River, NC

Hi Kelly and welcome to the LWs.  I don't have any suggestions but hopefully someone will.  did the Dr have suggestions????

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ladytazz
on 7/12/13 3:23 pm

I was having issues with low blood sugar, too, and what works for me is small, frequent meals (or snacks).  I eat every 2 hours, usually a protein snack like cheese or yogurt with a carb like fruit or gluten free crackers or a protein bar.  I avoid refined carbs, things with sugar and gluten.  It has been quite a while since I've had a problem, knock on wood.  With you being more active you may need to eat more often to keep the blood sugar level.  Don't overdo things with sugar or you will crash your blood sugar, try to keep it even throughout the day.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Kelly W.
on 7/13/13 9:33 am - WA

Thank you so much!  I am trying to eat more often but get scared I am going to gain weight.  Need to get over that but cant help myself.

hollykim
on 7/13/13 9:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Sounds like reactive hypoglycemia. It can be a side affect of rny. Google it for more info or do an oh search. Gl

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/13 9:21 pm

I've only experienced low blood sugar when I've skipped meals or tried to eat like many of the cool grrlz here on  the liteweights board.  Everyone's body is different - I KNOW I need a lot more calories and carbs than most do here ...partially because I'm on my feet and usually active literally from morning  2 nightfall .  \

I drink a lot of fruit juice and also chai tea lattes throughout the day ... and eat at least one brown rice and bean based meal which digests very slowly and  keeps my blood sugar steady .

good luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views