Average chicken nugget is only HALF meat... the rest is fat, bone & nerve endings!!

Huneypie
on 10/6/13 2:22 am, edited 10/6/13 2:23 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

OK - I eat Chicken selects, not nuggets surely that's gotta be different, right? ;-)

·         Researchers in Mississippi examined chicken nuggets at two different fast food chains and found that only about half of the nuggets were made of muscle meat

·         The rest of the nuggets were made of other chicken parts like fat, blood vessels, nerves, bones and cartilage

·         A representative for the National Chicken Council said it's no mystery what's in chicken nuggets since nutritional information is often available online or on the packaging

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 10/6/13 2:30 am - VA

I've been reading about this too. Ugh! I hope the chicken selects are real meat too.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MajorMom
on 10/6/13 2:39 am - VA

Sounds like cat food, doesn't it?

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 10/6/13 2:47 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I tried regular nuggets once and just didn't like the taste, this could explain it.  The article didn't mention any specific chains of course, but I'm sure they all do the same stuff to their nuggets.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Candy V.
on 10/6/13 3:23 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Ewwww, maybe this will keep me from snitching them from the kids LOL

I buy Tyson, I am almost afraid to read the ingredients label now.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Huneypie
on 10/6/13 4:17 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I just need chicken Selects to be safe he he!!

I  my DS  

Vivian Prouty
on 10/6/13 5:04 am - Fort Worth, TX

I knew I didn't like chicken nuggets for a reason.....that is GROSS!!!!!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Huneypie
on 10/6/13 5:39 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Gross indeed!! ;-)

I  my DS  

Price S.
on 10/6/13 7:10 am - Mills River, NC

ewwww!!!   devilreminds me of the pink slime stuff only chicken instead of beef.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Huneypie
on 10/6/13 5:40 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

You're thinking too much... now you're making me think how bad sausages are!! :-(

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views