Thinking of going backto liquids for a week....

KarenRaeV
on 10/6/13 10:53 pm
RNY on 06/03/13

Hi All....I am at a stand still ..week 5!!  I have adjusted my exercise, upped my calories and tried all I know to try.  What is the opinion if I try going back on liquids...greek yogurt and protein drinks for a week to see if I can get this moving again??  I admit I have been a bit high on the carb intake but geez...getting very frustrated!!  Advice welcome!!

Ladytazz
on 10/7/13 12:18 am

You will certainly lose weight if you go back on liquids.  But, I promise you, you will lose weight even if you don't go back on liquids.  Sadly, stalls are common for some people.  When you get a bit further out as you track your weight loss you will come to see your own weight loss patterns and that will help you during the times when your body seems to be holding onto weight.

As women our cycles sometimes influence our weight loss.  With my first WLS I noticed I would lose a bunch of weight the first week or so, stay the same or lose a little for the next couple of weeks and then, right before my period I might even go up a little, and then after I got my period I would lose a lot again.  Rinse, lather and repeat.  

Just keep doing what you are supposed to do and I promise you will lose the weight.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

KarenRaeV
on 10/7/13 12:28 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Thank you LadyTazz.....I just so wanted to be down at least another 5 lbs before hubby and I go away on the 19th..a combo 35th wedding anniversary and both of our birthdays.....I have to set up these goals for myself top remain true.  I have been toying with the same 2 - 3 lbs for a month....  No more monthly cycles here either....so not sure what else to do...

Jody ***
on 10/7/13 12:57 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I know it can get frustrating....

Cut the carbs VERY LOW.  That is probably what is causing you to slow down.  Post your menu on Roz' Menus and Miles and we can chime in and help with your menu if needed.

Hang in there - it will happen! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

KarenRaeV
on 10/7/13 1:23 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Ok will do!!  Thank you!!

Price S.
on 10/7/13 1:14 am - Mills River, NC

I agree with Jody.

I first noticed carbs really having an effect around the 6th month.  When I dropped my carbs to 30 or less net (subtracting the fiber) my weight loss became stable again.  Admittedly, I never really stalled the whole time I was losing but I did slow way down and that got me going again.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

KarenRaeV
on 10/7/13 1:37 am
RNY on 06/03/13

This is my second stall.....I know that will happen but my frustration is from back and forth with the same 2-3 lbs.  I want to move on already!!  I will start to journal my intake again and see if this helps as well.  I was really hoping to be at goal by Christmas...am doubtful this will happen now.  I feel like I have lost a whole month.

Roz !!!!
on 10/7/13 1:27 am - Butler, PA

The only way to break a stall is to increase your intake with GOOD Protein and cutting carbs. 

I warn about this every day on Menus and Miles.  If your carb intake is high during the losing stage what do you think it is going to be after you get on maintenance?  We ALL increase our carbs when we get on Maintenance and start living life as a thin person. You should be eating very little carbs now so you lose all of the weight you need to lose during the honeymoon period.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

KarenRaeV
on 10/7/13 1:31 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Okay!!  I hear that loud and clear!!  Thank you...cutting it way way back starting right now!!  Thank you Roz..I appreciate your input

Roz !!!!
on 10/7/13 1:35 am - Butler, PA

I try really hard to not offend any one but you will won't survive on Maintenance if you haven't learned to control your carbs during the losing stage.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...