hi folks

ejjy
on 3/28/14 6:10 am - Watertown, MA

i've been out of touch for a while, mainly due to life cir****tances (including going through a divorce and not having internet).  but i wanted to give an update, not because i think people are necessarily that invested, but for new folks coming here wondering what life looks like a few years out.

i had my RNY in 2008.

i am currently maintaining a 45 lb weight loss and find it's still not too hard to lose weight if i tighten up my food just a bit and get a little exercise.  i've been very fortunate - no complications, and very few food restrictions.  i can eat beef, eggs, rice, and many other foods others find hard to tolerate.  only things i have to be careful of are sugar (although i can drink soda, even eat chocolate), milk sugar **** cream tends to make me sick), cold cereal of any kind, and for some reason, corn bread.  once in a while a "normal" food will make me dump, but that's rare.  

my tastes are completely different.  i no longer crave sugar at all and don't miss it.  i like skim milk, used to hate it.  if i do have a craving, often a bite will do me and i don't want more.

i eat more carbs than i should, and it's been a struggle the last year to meet protein requirements due to my finances, but i'm getting past that point and it won't continue to be an issue.  and as long as i return to protein first, there has been no issue whatever with rebound weight, no matter what i eat.  no issues with pouch stretching.  in fact, i often have to eat something warm first and eat very slowly.  i used to struggle with that (old habits die hard) and suffer the consequences but now, it's habit.

i have no regrets whatever.  still the best thing i ever did for myself.  if i'd had the option i probably would have gotten the sleeve instead of a bypass, but overall i'm grateful i was able to get bariatric surgery at all, and for me 6 years later, the RNY continues to be a raging success.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

MajorMom
on 3/28/14 7:41 am - VA

Welcome back, ejjy, I'm so glad to see you're still kicking butt and taking names. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 3/30/14 10:11 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome back.  Glad life is good for you!!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 490 views