It's too easy to regain!!!

Koko10
on 4/29/14 4:11 am - NC

Hi Everyone, I don't have a question today I just need to vent! I had surgery 2/1/2011 and had several complications and I was unable to eat most things or gain weight. I got pretty low and began to look sick. I finally had my gallbladder removed late last year and since then I can eat anything and gain weight FAST! I also found that my stress eating hasn't gone anywhere. I can still eat without feeling full and crave bad things. I have tried, exercise, talking, journal, walking, etc. It doesn't work for me. I thought I was over it but I have been stressed the last couple months so bad that I have put on 6 lbs. You may think that it's nothing but it is! When I noticed that I had put on 4 lbs I began watching my portions and trying to watch what I ate. However, it has gotten worse! I think I'm going back to Unury drinks for a while. It's the only protein mix that I like with low calories. The other drink that I love is Adkins but it has 160 calories a drink. I am amazed at you long termers who keep it off. One day I will look back at this and realize that I had the key to loose it when I wanted to...but right now I'm struggling!

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Price S.
on 4/29/14 7:55 am - Mills River, NC

It is a struggle.  A daily struggle.  I have no foods that I can't eat or that make me ill.  I can eat, not like I use to, but certainly enough to gain weight.  I try very hard to stick to a routine but even with that and my exercise, it is a battle.  I hear you and totally agree.  Join us on miles and menus and hang around.  There are lots of us with the same war going on.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Koko10
on 5/1/14 9:52 pm - NC

Hi Price, I hear you and I wish I had more time to post and read. I think some of my problem is how busy my kids are and the stress of my job. I have to find that balance again. I think they said we could get obesity help on a phone app now. I may try that. I missed you!

Jody ***
on 4/29/14 9:34 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hi Koko - nice to see you again!

You're right - 6 lbs doesn't seem like much but it definitely is the beginning of the "wake up" call.  Better to get it under control now rather than when it becomes 10-20 lbs. 

I'm right there with you - I struggle daily with my weight.  I'm 12 lbs over my "goal"... while goal was nice 5 lbs lower would be ideal. 

Hang in there - we can do it!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Koko10
on 5/1/14 9:55 pm - NC

Thank you Jody. It's easy to get busy and not touch base. Also, stress and hormones are killing me. I know we can do this! I'm not buying new clothes! LOL

lerkhart
on 4/29/14 9:48 am

I'm right there with you too!!  It sure was easier for the first 2 years.  I'm not really hungry, I just think I am.

Welcome back.  I agree that posting on Menus and Miles really helps me to stay accountable.  Exercise always helps me.

Good luck.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Koko10
on 5/1/14 9:58 pm - NC

Hi Linda, yeah, the first 2 years were easier to control with food intake and my kids weren't as busy. I have never been too big on exercise and now that I have very active kids, it's worse. I will try Menus and Miles and try to touch base here. I find that I can't even use Daily Burn like I used too! I need a BIG reality check!

Tracy D.
on 4/29/14 11:34 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

As you well know, the surgery changes you physically but it does NOT change your emotional/mental attachment to food.  Exercise, talking, journaling, exercising are all great tools...as is the surgery.  But none of these were enough for me.  I also needed the support of a 12-step program that understands my addiction to food and my compulsive/obsessive behaviors with food.  

That's why Overeaters Anonymous is such an important tool for me.  I would never have been successful with this surgery without it!  It provides me a program of recovery and is another tool in my toolbelt.  I've only been in maintenance for 4 months but I know for sure that without OA I would have already experienced the 10-15 regain that so many people talk about.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Koko10
on 5/1/14 10:01 pm - NC

I've never heard of over-eaters anonymous. I'm not sure if I could attend meetings but that is very interesting. I will look into it in my area. I recognize the problems now and will try to focus on solving them before they get too big. It always helps me to post here. I have to say I don't really like the new site. It's not as easy to use as the old site was, but the faithful are here and they are who I need to keep me encouraged. Good luck and thank you!

Tracy D.
on 5/1/14 10:08 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's a 12-step program that's based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.  You can check it out at www.oa.org.   They have online and phone meetings too if there aren't ones in your area.  

Good luck to you! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views