back after a hiatus - got my head together and got approved!

Jocelyn F.
on 5/25/14 10:33 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

I haven't been here in ages but I'm glad this site is still around! I was really struggling with some of the mental things involved with getting the surgery, and had to take some time to deal with depression and doubts. But I got through it and am now in a much better state of mind. I saw a counselor for awhile, buckled down and completed all my program's requirements (including the mandatory weight loss! I had been sabotaging myself there bigtime because I was scared). I feel so much better and more positive and my surgery *drumroll* has been approved. I met with the surgeon, her nutritionist and case manager last Tuesday. She wants me to get updated imaging on my throat (I have pretty bad GERD) and another followup with the CPAP technician and then I can be placed on her schedule. Those appointments are set up and will be done on 6/3. The case manager said that I should be on the table within a month, or 6 weeks at the most. Which is perfect, soon but with enough notice to give work and straighten out what I need to there before going on leave.

I want to thank everyone here for being a great resource while I was in the early stages. And for anyone who is struggling, to let them know that you can sabotage and mess up for awhile and still turn it all around. That was something that was hard for me to wrap my head around because I'm so used to thinking negatively. Now I'm excited about things like the little container garden I have growing and starting to make weekly meal plans. 

And I don't care if it's weird, I can't wait to have my guts re-arranged. 

MajorMom
on 5/25/14 7:54 pm - VA

Congratulations!  Sounds like you're ready. Good for you for doing the hard work on your head before attempting the WLS. Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jocelyn F.
on 5/26/14 4:32 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

Thank you! I would have preferred that it didn't take me this long, but I'm glad that I got myself sorted. I know there will still be a lot of adjustment after the surgery, and I think I'm in a much better state to deal with it. 

Trish06
on 5/25/14 8:13 pm
DS on 12/06/12

My hats off to you for getting your head in the game before the surgery that's a very important part of it all. It sounds like your ready for your weight loss ride. :)

Best of luck,

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

Jocelyn F.
on 5/26/14 4:33 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

Thank you :) I'm excited to join you all on the other side!

Price S.
on 5/25/14 9:06 pm - Mills River, NC

Good for you for recognizing that you needed help before surgery.  so many folks don't and you can out eat any of these surgeries if you aren't paying attention.  Now I think you are ready to progress with your surgery and your life.  Thanks for sharing for the others out there who are thinking the same thoughts.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jocelyn F.
on 5/26/14 4:40 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

Eating my way around the surgery was a big fear of mine... I know I can't get complacent. I think I'm ready (or readier, anyway) for a big lifestyle change.

Roz !!!!
on 5/25/14 10:50 pm - Butler, PA

I'm so excited for you!!!   There is nothing better than being able to make good decisions for yourself!!  I'm excited for you to share your journey with us!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jocelyn F.
on 5/26/14 4:43 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

Aw thank you Roz! I can't wait to be on my post-op meal plan. I have a bunch of veggies growing and I think having fresh produce (without having to constantly go to the store for it) will help me stay on track and feel good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views