NSV's ... since the scale refuses to budge!

1stbase
on 6/13/14 1:03 am - NY
RNY on 11/06/13 with

Hi all,

Just am so happy to share ... yesterday I received an e-mail that I won a bracelet from the OH Mantra giveaway, so I am so blasted exited, I can't stand myself, LOL!

Also, just this past weekend, I completed my first triathlon!  There are pictures here if you would like to see: HCTriathlon 2014 pictures

I have been super busy, also playing softball, and now trying to figure out now if I want to train some more and do another tri (they are right, it can be quite addicitve, but I wish they weren't so expensive!)

I have been hovering around 160-162 since 5 months, and I'm trying not to get defeated, but definitely afraid of this being the end of the honeymoon!  I'm only 7.5 months out, so I just don't want it to end, but at the same time, not much I can do if it does, right?  Well it's a slow day at work, so I had time to post, so a hello to you all, and hope everyone is doing well!

RNY: 11/06/2013     HT: 5'5"     SW: 250     GW: 150s

“Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” ~Raymond Lindquist 

Price S.
on 6/13/14 1:16 am - Mills River, NC

Congratualations!!!! to finish is to win!!!!

Looking great!!!  I really doubt you are at the end of the honeymoon yet at 7.5 months but you are about where I was when I slowed way down.  I upped my protein and lowered my carbs and kept losing slowly.  Esp.  if you are working out hard, you need the protein.  Why not post for a while on Miles and menus and see if folks have some suggestions. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 6/13/14 9:30 pm - Butler, PA

Congrats on winning the bracelet!  I don't think I have ever won anything worth anything.

ONLY 7.5 months out is a plus!  If you follow the RNY program of HIGH Protein and LOW Carbs the honeymoon period should last quite awhile.  I lost for about 18 months.  If you "hovering" increase your protein for 3 or 4 days (preferably through Protein Whey) and then drop it back down for a couple of days and that should break your stall.

Congrats on your triathlon!  I'm going to check out your pictures as soon as I'm done posting.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...