Was Anybody worried....

ebonymc
on 12/16/14 10:10 am

Hello! I'm glad I found this forum b/c I am considered a light weight for RNY. Were any of you concerned or worried about that. I had the band for 5 years and had it removed 4 months ago. Dr. said my insurance will only pay for RNY and not the sleeve. I'm thinking that RNY would be my better choice due to the fact that I have diabetes, high B/P and arthritis. I am 5'2" tall and weigh 215. Should I worry about becoming too thin? Thanks!

MajorMom
on 12/16/14 5:58 pm - VA

Welcome!  Normally our bodies stop on their own and all the talk about lightweights getting too thin is just idle chatter.  You will likely go through a time that you and others think you've lost too much but that is just part of the process until your body redistributes body fat and your face gets some of its melted look over with...that lasts maybe a year at most. It's all good and we have some very successful lightweight RNY patients here to help you through.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 12/16/14 9:56 pm - Mills River, NC

my insurance wouldn't cover the sleeve either and I got a RNY and have never looked back.  I am 4'11", was 220.  I got down to 111 which was too thin for me but it didn't take long to get back to something different.  Now I am making sure I don't go too high instead of too low.  I followed the advice here and kept going til my body stopped.  Glad I did.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ebonymc
on 12/26/14 11:18 pm

Thanks, I really needed to hear that right about now...LOL

Trouble1391011
on 12/17/14 3:41 am

I am 5'4" and was 230... I am almost 3 months out and lost 45 lbs so far.  I am not worried about getting too thin as I figure its easier to put weight on then lose it.  lol. 

lerkhart
on 12/17/14 9:16 am

Welcome to the LW Board.  I think they others have answered your question.  I never worried about getting too thin, but I was a little heavier than you are.  Usually your body stops on its on.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
ebonymc
on 12/17/14 10:47 am

Thanks so much for everyone's support. It feels good to know that there are others out there that had the same issues as me. Although I'm built like Humpty, I would be fibbing if I said that I wasn't concerned about my image. But I do hope to get healthy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 490 views