Flu... UGH

Jenniflower75
on 1/1/15 12:13 pm

Sorry I have been away so long. Have had the flu running rampant in my house for almost two months. Just when one would get over it the next would get it then we all ended up with colds after the flu ran through. UGH. I'm doing ok. Start walking again with my sister tomorrow. It will be a bonding experience and something we both need to do. i havent been eating much because of all of the sickness but going grocery shopping tomorrow and planning to get some healthy stuff. The last thing I cooked was homemade chicken noodle soup but then no one was eating cuz everyone had a fever SOOOOOO up until yesterday it's consisted of crackers toast and tea.  Yesterday we had ribs for our new years dinner and that is the only thing i ate yesterday and today... less than one whole rib. Stomach still not doing so well so couldn't handle anything else. Food sounds disgusting to me. I want to start the couch to 5k again but have to get in the habit of simply walking again. I get sore walking short distances so I'm going to work my way up slowly. I have a question for you guys... what can I take for arthritis and for pain if we can't have asprin? I have major problems even walking and when I start the running portion it's going to be tough. I'm very excited to start the couch to 5k because I felt like i was really accomplishing something when I did it before , plus i finished a 5k after doing it through the winter. it takes me a lot longer than the program does and I never get to the full running for 20 minutes but I don't care lol. Asthma doesnt' allow it. I did the 5k in 46 min which is barely a jog. but i finished it :D :D. Also a little TMI... I have very large breasts and they hurt and literally knock the wind out of me when I'm jogging, any suggestions on how to prevent this? Right now I'm using like spandex material shirt that is three sizes too small to hold them tight to me, but the shirt rides up which is very uncomfortable. i also wear two bras to keep them from popping out. There has to be an easier way. Any suggestions? Ok so this is a short book so I'm going to go. Lots of love and thanks in advance.

Price S.
on 1/1/15 9:05 pm - Mills River, NC

So sorry you have all been sick.  That makes life rough period with or without surgery.  Be sure you are getting your protein and fluid no matter what.  That will help you get well and get you going again.

You don't say what your surgery was.  The type of surgery dictates what you can and can't take.  For any, you can do Trameel, which is homeopathic and comes in pills, rub and drops.  I found it very helpful before my knee replacement.

They make sports bras in various shapes, sizes and compression levels.  Check out what you can use there.  It may be expensive but it may be what you have to do to be comfortable exercising.

You don't have to ever run.  Walking is great!! Running if you already have issues can just make things worse. 

Welcome back and happy new year.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jenniflower75
on 1/1/15 9:17 pm

I had VSG, thinking of having revision to DS. There are many ppl both on the forum boards and here at home that are against this. My BMI is 36.7 and my health has gotten worse with my failure in surgery. My blood pressure is through the roof now and I'm prediabetic. Both were not true prior to surgery. i just haven't lost what I need to. As a matter of fact I'm 4 lbs heavier than my first appointment. When I went for consultation they told me I had to gain weight to ensure I would qualify for surgery. I weighed 188 and that was barely 35 BMI... by the end of my six months I weighed in at 232. now I'm at 192!!!! So I'm worse off than i was prior to surgery and my health shows it. I'm going to call today to find out about DS and whether or not Medicare will pay for the second part of the surgery. I have to do something and quick because I'm scared I'm going to be full blown diabetic and the older I get the harder it is to lose. i will be 40 this year and my slow weight loss reflects that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views