Still Searching Options

ebonymc
on 1/1/15 1:11 pm

Any lightweights having/had the DS? I've heard that this may be best suited for me due to my diabetes

Jenniflower75
on 1/1/15 1:55 pm

That is the surgery I wanted but couldn't get to the surgeon andi was exactly 100 lbs overweight. It was supposed to be the best option for me too. I still may have the second part of the surgery as I had the sleeve surgery. I know it's a lot of upkeep and you have to be very sure to follow all instructions after surgery especially the vitamins and minerals!!!! it's not as strict with the sleeve but I failed the sleeve and really may need to do it and revamp my life. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. I know there are others in this group who have had the DS and haven't looked back. Good Luck

andreamax
on 1/1/15 3:46 pm
  •  I just had the DS on Monday the 29th. I was ten years post op from gastric bypass. I was 283 7/11/04 on date of  gastric.  1 was 199 lbs on 12/29/14 for DS. I'm fringing they are so different. I will keep you posted to my progress 
Price S.
on 1/1/15 9:08 pm - Mills River, NC

We have had several poster that had DS and Gina is still active and can fill you in.  Southern Lady was a DS also and she post our weekly weigh in but she is traveling right now and may not see this for a while.

We love all surgery types so stick around and let us know what you decide.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ebonymc
on 1/2/15 9:29 am

Thanks much!

lerkhart
on 1/3/15 2:12 am

Good luck with your decision.  I did not have the DS, I had RNY.  I have not taken any diabetes medicine since surgery day.  I was only taking metformin not insulin.

There are several on here that had diabetes and had DS and have been very successful.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views