"Protein Party" at Support Group last night...

Roz !!!!
on 4/21/15 2:26 am - Butler, PA

Hi Lee!!   I'm soooo glad you checked in!!  How are you doing?

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/15 5:32 am

Rice and beans are a wonderful, inexpensive  low cal low fat and high fiber ( very filling)  source of complete protein. Its a bitter cold rainy day in April and I have no heat on and comfort food of course beckons . So I reheated a pea soup ( made with fat free Boars Head smoked ham chunks ) and added some jasmine rice to it making the peas also a complete source of protein.  I ate half a mugful and was totally satiated because of all the fiber and also the complex carbs.  This morning I needed to use my brain ( which usually means eating sugar ) ... yet I did not need thanks to the rice and beans .  I am still completely full at 3:30 PM. 

Why do we feel the need to force unhealthy levels of proteins down our throats when high protein intake is proven to be dangerous to the kidneys and other organs ( like  our bones ?) Is it worth the decrease in health to be ten lbs thinner ? 

Roz !!!!
on 4/21/15 2:33 am - Butler, PA

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you and I know I feel a lot healthier now than when I was eating lots of carbs.   I love beans but I don't include rice in my menus.  Rice seems to make me crave more and my willpower is sometimes -0-.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...